back to article Palestinian network launches without spectrum

Palestine network Wataniya has gone ahead with a commercial launch, relying on Tony Blair's assurances that Israel will release the needed radio spectrum very soon. The launch of the network was in doubt, as Israel hadn't handed over 1MHz of radio spectrum - split in to two lumps - which is critical to the expansion of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JasonH
    FAIL

Wow - they're screwed then!

Launching a business on the say so of Tony Blair?! Christ, we went to war against Iraqi 'weapons of mass destruction' on his say-so, and look what happened there!!!

I have some sympathy for the Palestinian plight, but these business managers must be retards. Epic fail.

2. Karl Dallas
    Unhappy

Screwed if they do, screwed if they don't

Yes, this bothers me too, but I don't see what else they can do, given the commanding heights Israel has over the Middle East, thanks to the connivance of such as Blair.

Why is Israel doing this? Well, as David Hare said, experiencing the frustrating delays at Israeli checkpoints throughout the West Bank, because they can.

But also the Israelis are well aware that, even in its currently crippled state, mobile phones play an important role in the resistance, intifadas etc. I bet they'd like to do like Saddam Hussein did in Iraq, and ban them completely in Palestine.

BTW, please don't use "retard" as a term of abuse. It is insulting to all who suffer mental health problems, who ought to be treated with the same respect as other disabled persons.

3. JasonH

Correction

@Karl. Fair point and I apologise profusely for my poor choice of word, no offence was intended to that demographic. I'd like to substitute the word 'fuckwit' instead.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Relying on Phoney Bkair's words

I'd trust him even less than I trust anyone else (and I trust noone as it is)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whoops misunderstood that one

From the title, I assumed that Mr Bliar had convinced them to base it on ZX81 technology.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like