back to article Santa in Phones4U booze'n'fags logo 'shock'

Phones 4u have taken a rather modernistic stance with new website idents that show Santa Claus pissing on the company logo having knocked back a few tinnies. While sherry is generally known as the preferred tipple of Father C, this incarnation is busy knocking back beer with a fag in his hand, and he hasn't even managed to put …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ThePhantom

In the spirit of Kevin Bloody Wilson

This falls right in line with Aussie Kevin Bloody Wilson's "Ho Ho F*cking Ho" Christmas Carol.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Pretty apt, really

Their choice of logo sums up the quality of customer service I've had on the two occasions I've had the misfortune to wander into one of their stores.

3. Ralphe Neill
    Pint

Nice bit of culture!

Scroll down to the bottom of their home page at:

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/

4. Richard Cartledge
    Thumb Down

Socioeconomic group F/G

I heard that telephone for you's target market is Socioeconomic group F/G.

5. Reality Dysfunction
    Thumb Up

inhouse competition

is this the result of an inhouse competition to design their Xmas logo?

if so at least they had the balls to stick with the winner ( even if it was a piss take)

6. Jim Jones
    Stop

Any more turkey?

Did anyone notice the "well hung" turkeys down at the bottom of the page?

7. Alasdair S
    Thumb Down

Not so inexplicable

"somewhat inexplicably express his telephonic preference"

Presumably Santa has tried canceling a contract with this company and is thoroughly fed up being hassled by them. Pissing on their logo is the only rational response although personally I just avoid dealing with any company with "4U" in its name.

8. The Original Ash
    WTF?

Look at the "Pay as you go Hotshots"

You can clearly see an after-binge brawl getting out of hand:

Frame 1: Bitch slap

Frame 2: Scuffle on the floor

Frame 3: DECAPITATION!

This is some serious stuff.

(As for the reindeer, you can clearly see that they pose no problem anymore; Their heads are mounted on the wall next to the stockings. See top right of homepage).

9. John70

Looks like something...

...that should be in Viz.

10. Justabloke 1

I have to hand it to P4U..

I'd never deal with them myself but their ads certainly keep their name on peoples lips

11. Steven Raith
    Thumb Up

Christmas bonus cancelled

Can anyone comfirm that Phones4U's web team have had their christmas bonus cancelled or reduced?

I'd suspect that's part of this....

Tip No1 in a company with a web portal - don't piss off the webmaster.

Steven R

12. Tom 11

Looks very viz-ish

Seen as the office for Viz are 2 or 3 streets from phones 4U, maybe they cut a deal. Love the fighting snowmen.

13. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    Happy

Smoking, oh noes!

Santa could be knocking back beers, pissing on stuff, taking drugs and screwing a girl.

No problem.

However the PC brigade will recoil in horror at the sight of Santa SMOKING!

Yeah El Reg keep an eye on this one, I'm expecting the advert to get banned all because of the ciggie.

14. bertie bassett
    FAIL

Under Lyme?

Last time I looked 4u were in Newcastle under Lyme not Newcastle on Tyne. i.e. they're somewhere close to Stoke on Trent and nowhere near that bunch of championship geordies...

15. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Hmm

Just went to the web site and its a blank page, anyone think hacking? Or just oh crap think we have went one step too far, remove the cigerette...

16. cardie

Geography

RE Looks very viz-ish #

By Tom 11

P4U HQ is in Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffs..... some distance from the land of Byker Grove...

17. NightFox
    FAIL

@Tom

Two or three streets? They're not even in the same Newcastle! Only a couple of hundred miles between them...

18. jon 72

A Christmas Classic

Hacked ? or has the webmaster been told their not getting a bonus this christmas?

Mines the one with the FTP access codes

This topic is closed for new posts.