back to article Want a free iPod Shuffle? Ask Tesco

Supermarket giant Tesco is offering new members of its online DVD rental service a free 1GB iPod Shuffle - but only until 10am, 16 September 2007. Apple iPod Shuffle Apple's iPod Shuffle: Tesco is only offering the silver model Mind you, it pays to read the small print. The player, which was unveiled by Apple last week, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Marvin the Martian

2 discs per month? For 5quid??

Either there's a typo [`2discs at any time' instead], or they're very mean [Lovefilm.co.uk has 2-discs-at-any-time-for-5quid anyhows].

That said, if you're in for a silver shuffle and have 3 spare months to wait, go for it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

too bad

it is too bad that current users cannot benefit from the iPod promotion

3. Tim Donovan

Are you sure?

Took a look on the tesco website and found absolutely no reference to a free ipod anywhere on the site!

Sure you;ve not been taken in by a cunning e-mail?

4. Jonathan Furness

iPod Shuffle

Hello,

Could someone point me to the details of this promotion please? I can't see it on the Tesco.com site.

thanks

Jonathan

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

doh!

i signed up and confirmed that i got an ipod, woohoo!

but...

dont do what i did and pay for three months upfront, you wont get it any quicker :(

they want three months payment...damn

6. Tobie Fysh

or

Sign up for the pre-pay option for £11.40 for three months (good I'm cheap)..... As its pre-pay I assume I'll be getting my shuffle ASAP......

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not bad

I've been suckered in.

Should be able to punt the shuffle on Amazon marketplace for 20 odd squids profit (maybe in time for Christmas, too). And the film rentals end up as a cheeky free aside.

8. Peter Knapp

Too bad....

Its a Brand New Customers Only offer!

www.ccsleeds.co.uk

9. Nick L

I predict...

a glut of these on ebay in 90 or so days ;-)

Thanks for the tip though, I'm in for one of those.

10. Alan Edwards

2-discs a month

That's the Value version, 2, 3 or 4 discs a month.

They also do a normal unlimited disc, 2, 3 or 4 at a time starting at £9.

Alan.

11. Ant Harris

it's LOVEFiLM under-the-hood...

...and the small-print states that the iPod offer is only open to folks whom haven't subscribed to LOVEFiLM before :-(

12. Luke

Signed

Thanks for the heads up, signed up.

13. Mike Ward

A note for gamers...

Bare in mind if you wish to rent games as well, it costs a quid extra a month however the value subscription cannot be used in conjunction so the lowerst subscription you can have is the £9.97 a month option which also allows unlimited swaps a month.

Also, the 3 month rental period doesnt start until after the 14 day trial which you get for free, so all in all you will gets a shuffle in up to 4 1/2 months from the date you sign up (2 weeks trial + 3 months rental + 30 days shipping)

14. Tim Donovan

hmmmm

I am a new customer, only been to tesco for insurance in the past...

15. Chris

Was I the only one ...

Was I the only one that saw the subtitle to this article on the homepage as "Rent DVD's and have a shuffle"? Made me wonder if Tescos are offering films of the blue variety.

16. Andre Lopes

When...

will I get the confirmation email to say I'll get an iPod at the end of the 3 months? The actual process was pretty uninformative about this..

17. Jon

What a pain...

UK Customers only :-( Looks like I'll have to wait 3 months and pick up one of the cheap ones on ebay when the glut strikes!

18. Kris Tooke

Confirmation...?

Signed up for the offer... Have not (yet) received confirmation email...

Pre-paid 3 months (saving another 15% - only £11.40 for an iPod)...

Still no confirmation email...

Are their systems overloaded, or are they always this slow?

19. b166er

Depreciation

And the value of an iPod Shuffle in 4 1/2 months time? ((especially with the glut of now 'useless' Tesco iPod Shuffles on eBay) why do eBay and iPod have to begin with a lower case letter followed by a capital?). While you're at it, sign up for AOL and get a free laptop, or get a sit in bath with a free carriage clock ;)

20. Julie

Title

Signed up to this myself but just want to warn other users NOT to agree to the pre-pay option. It sounds like a good deal but if you read the terms and conditions section it says that if you select pre-pay you then forfeit the free gift. Be careful!

21. james lewis

More money off

If you sign up to Tesco.com DVD through Quidco you get a fiver back too.

22. peter

Ebay

I'll wait for the ebay dump to open.

23. Kris Tooke

Pre-pay option...

Have just emailed Tesco as I used the pre-pay option not knowing about the T&Cs relating to this. Gave them the option of 'un-doing' the pre-pay if possible -or- just cancelling completely... We shall see...

24. Steve Kelly

Hmmmm. I too paid up front

Thanks for the info. I've sent tesco an email to see if I do receive the gift or not.

Ah well - nothing lost ... and my kids school received £4 commission for joining via TradeDoubler!

25. Kris Tooke

pre-pay... Tesco's reply

I'll still get the iPod, but only after they recieve a third "individual" payment...

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer and rent some movies

26. Jim

Still no confirmation email

I joined on Sunday morning before the deadline - but no mention of an iPod during the signup process, and no email yet.

Anyone else in this position?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like