back to article Bot herders hide master control channel in Google cloud

Cyber criminals' love affair with cloud computing just got steamier with the discovery that Google's AppEngine was tapped to act as the master control channel that feeds commands to large networks of infected computers. The custom application was used to relay download commands to PCs that had already been infected and made …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Carter Cole
    Pirate

this will happen more and more

i think that this is only beginning when i have thought about writing a bot the services that many provide are ideal for use with a botnet. what if they start adding stenography to the images they upload to Facebook and the profile looks real and everything looks natural but its all a bots page to keep its settings saved and relay commands

2. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

actually ...

I predict blackhat cloud computing will eventually -replace- infecting end users ... as cloud services get more commonplace, it gets viable to do a lot of things now squirreled away on people's computers on there - with the advantage as noted - if your provider is big and boisterous enough, who's going to be able to get past them to take it down ?

Ah yes, we live in interesting times ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Every dark cloud...

...has a silver botnet..

4. TeeCee Gold badge

Secure provider.

Google are less than cooperative when it comes to helping out the zombie killers?

Does this mean that Google are effectively the new RBN? That would be evil, wouldn't it?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Probably the Chinese again

seeding clouds to make them rain...

6. JohnG

Who would blacklist Google?

It would be a brave AV company that decided to blacklist even some of Google's servers - or Facebook, Twitter, etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like