back to article Peugeot's bulbous BB1 e-car bound for Blighty

Following its official unveiling at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Peugeot's visually arresting BB1 e-car has been sent on a European Grand Tour to drum up interest and give the masses a chance to kick the tyres. The tour kicked off at Berlin's Potsdamer Platz at the weekend and the following stop is London where the car will be on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Valerion
    FAIL

Yuck

Looks like an elephant sat on a Smart Car.

2. Steven Raith

Fat C pillars

Bet that's fun when trying to check your blind spots.

Steven R

3. Adam Salisbury
    Thumb Down

Hmmmm

I guess the French threw any concept of aerodynamics out the window designing that thing with a front end like that.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Yuck

Looks like an elephant crapped out a Smart Car-shaped steamer!

5. Code Monkey

Fugly

Appropriate that such a butt-ugly car should be named after the postcode for Blackburn *

* I come from Blackburn so can say that - you can't!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Leg room

Look at the distance between the people... there is no way they could be that close without their knees being half way through the driver, and that is without the thickness of the seats!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

POWER!!!!!

Looks like the pillars need a bit of steel not plastic as they seem to have collapsed forward first time they put the brakes on.

Or is that supposed to signify blistering speed when in reverse gear ;)

8. Ian Ferguson
    Coffee/keyboard

BLEEEEUUUUUUURGGGGHHH

Oh, I'm so sorry, I've... UUUUUURRRRRKKKGKGKGGHH... and again... so sorry... I've BLUUUK UK UK I keep being sick KUUURKKK sorry, sick on your comment board...

Please don't show that again.

9. Anonymous Coward 3
    FAIL

Beaten by the British Weather!

So how are they going to fit windscreen wipers to that bulbous front window then?

10. WinHatter
    Pint

"Human head" shaped headrests

What a strange idea.

There is noway the heads at the back are attached to a human body.

11. Fluffykins Silver badge

Looks like something out of a whales nose

also, is it actually a little low sportie number that's been parked the wrong way round in a shopping trolley?

12. david 63

Why...

...do the people in the back have significantly smaller heads than the people in the front. Not Photochopped shirley?

13. SirTainleyBarking
    FAIL

well it certainly has a style all of its own

It looks like its just been used in a crash test,

and failed

Its not good is it?

14. Shonko Kid
    Black Helicopters

It's almost as if...

They want it to fail!

15. Mike Flugennock
    Thumb Up

Jeez, you guys; it's not _that_ bad-looking...

...actually, I think it's pretty snappy. Hell, I think the Smart's not too bad-looking, either, as far as that goes.

Either one's light-years sharper-looking than your average 1970s American e-car concepts, which look as if they were designed to deliberately sabotage e-car sales.

Of course, if y'all _really_ want to talk fugly, let's talk about the 1952 Nash Metropolitan which, imho, pretty much set the standard for absolutely butt-ugly two-seat urban runabouts:

http://barbersshopauto.com/_mgxroot/1957-Nash-Metropolitan.jpg

16. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

I wonder how many pints it would take to make that thing look half-way decent...

It looks like the hideously deformed child of a Mini and a SMART. The French should have confined that thing to the bell tower of Notre Dame......

17. Frank Haney
    Stop

What was the design brief?

Make a car that's uglier than the Fiat Multipla? I think they succeeded.

18. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Wait until the first lorry meets it head on

And then just broom up and drop in a hole.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh that's nasty

Had it just been punctured at the front and the photo was taken before it completely deflated?

20. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

@WinHatter

Yea, made of the heads of the rear seat passengers.

When when when when when will someone make a normal looking electric car.

21. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

@Steven Raith

"Bet that's fun when trying to check your blind spots."

If you'll look closely you'll notice that the chose a female for the front left seat... (surely its a LHD, French car on show in Frankfurt & Berlin.)

They really should have chosen to show it of a couple of days earlier... looks light enough to chuck on a bonfire. Actually I think these will be fun on the roads.. for everyone else at least... in a, hahah look at this tit, sort of way. looking at the half opening windows I think there could be some highly amusing cctv footage coming from McD's Drive thru in the near future...

22. Paris Hilton
    WTF?

I'm actually tempted to get one of these..

Then get it Vinyl Wrapped with a picture, like those ones you see on the busess of headless people that line up with the internal seats, but this car would need all sorts of contortion positions... maybe playing Twister...

very tempted..

23. Toastan Buttar
    Thumb Up

As Captain Beefheart might say:

"Fast and bulbous !"

24. Andy 97
    IT Angle

The french are great.....

at making some cars more ugly than they need to be.

Maybe the designers are also doing freelance for Kia.

25. Christopher Rogers
    Stop

Its simply proving an idea

The Renault Vel Satis put pay to any ideas of 'out there' car design. It looked shit and therefore sales were shit.

This will never be a mass market car.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Actually...

I like it. Technical info a bit lacking, and guaranteed it'll be slow (obviously aerodynamics has been deemed irrelevant), and the range will be exactly 2 miles short of my round trip, and those A pillars will be the curse of cyclists/bikers across the land, and it'll be massively overpriced, but....I still like it.

I want a steering wheel and pedals though. Oh yes.

27. TeeCee Gold badge
    FAIL

Target market?

It's quite obviously the perfect small city runabout, if you are a BMW X6 driver.

They'd look perfectly matched parked side-by-side in the drive.

28. bygjohn

re: Leg room

A quick trawl through the comments to the original Reg article on the BB1 will find you the following link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109091421728/peugeot-bb1-concept-revealed--classic-scooter-name-revived/lowphotos#26

... where you'll find a picture showing how the rear passengers' legs straddle the front seats.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

What the fuck?

Looking at that photo[shop] I'm wondering how the two in the back can sit there. I think they're either hogtied or don't have any legs so it's the perfect runaround for environmentally conscious bondage fans or amputees. I wonder what they'll call it when and if it arrives on our shores.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Peugeot Little Britain

30. Francis Offord
    Thumb Down

Beholden beauty

Bloody hell, it's uglier than a FIAT worse than death.

31. Mike Flugennock

@Francis Offord Wednesday 4th November 2009 12:54 GMT

Dude. You haven't _seen_ ugly. You're obviously slightly younger than I.

To my previous comment re: '52 Nash Metro, I'll add only one word: "Isetta"

When I was a young service kid, while our family was stationed in Germany in the early '60s -- and again in the late '60s -- I saw nothing on the road as nasty-looking as the Isetta, even beating out said '52 Nash -- along with those dorky little rear-engined Renault sedans -- for sheer concentrated ugliness. Also, while I'm sure the Isetta was intended as an urban runabout, I saw them regularly on the Autobahns doing upwards of 70+mph, and remember thinking that the people driving them out there were absolutely batshit.

This topic is closed for new posts.