back to article Charlize Theron to travel Mad Max's Fury Road

Charlize Theron will star in the fourth outing of the Max Max franchise - Fury Road - alongside Brit thesp Tom Hardy of Black Hawk Down fame. George Miller, who launched Mel Gibson to stardom with the original 1979 Max Max, and went on to helm The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome, will direct the movie from his own …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Duck's Guts!!!

"You can shut the gate on this one, Maxie... it's the duck's guts!

She sips nitro... with Phase 4 heads! 600 horsepower through the wheels! She's meanness set to music and the bitch is born to run!"

Ahhhh 1979, drive in movies, under-age drinking, hot cars and Oz girls!

2. OffBeatMammal
    Pint

no kosher catering or booze on set

About the only thing Mel Gibson seems to be good at these days (apart from lame confused films) is drinking and insulting other religions...

but "Mad Max 4: some old guy drinking on his porch cussing people" doesn't have quite the same ring does it

3. David Simpson 1
    Thumb Up

Just walk away !

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

4. DrJaymansLoveCookie
    Thumb Up

Charlize Theron!!

I am so going to see this movie.

I give Charlize 20 thumbs up.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Security Concerns in Namibia?

Guess you could get run over by an Elephant.

6. Col 4

Max...?

Mad Maxine? :)

7. The Indomitable Gall

Australia: post-apocalyptic holiday of the stars....

First came the Americans (Tina Turner), and now the English and South Africans.

If the Australian outback is so appealing, I hate to think what happened to London, Cape Town and New York...

8. Hermes Conran
    Go

Wherever you go, there you are!

Bring back Angry Anderson!

9. Eponymous Cowherd
    Joke

Braveheart

Don't you just *love" that bit where he's having his guts ripped out, but feel slightly disappointed that he's only acting.

10. disgruntled yank

How about

The Year of Driving Dangerously?

@OffbeatMammal: maybe he could be the Feral Git?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Please please please please

Be a good one, with proper characters and everything. Like the first one. Before the poxyclipse.

12. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    Terminator

But it may be ok...

The original films look very badly dated and low budget now. They were good for their time.

I just hope they don't do what they do with other recent remakes and make a satirical version of it making fun of the original. That would be really lame.

Oh yeah and I'm sure we can all guarantee that in this version the disaster that causes the world to change will be global warming *Yawn!*

Your foster parents are dead Max, huh?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Disgusted Max, Tunbridge Wells

Don't ya just love old people coming back to action roles that were just about convincing when they were 30-something, but can be nothing but a silly joke once 50 hits?

I'm looking at you Bruce Willis...hey don't snigger at the back Stallone, you're the worst of the lot of them...

Don't do it Mel. I can see it now... "Max writes a strongly worded letter to the biker gangs, this'll have them quivering in their soiled boots!"

14. tuna 1
    Alert

Thought The Title Read "Furry Road"

Charlize brings out the kink in me.

As far as MM4, hopefully she rides a fully-armed Aprilia RS250:

"She's the last of the t-two-strokes, she sssucks nitro!"

15. Wonko the Sane

old people

"Don't ya just love old people coming back to action roles..." Frankly, I do, what are yer, some under 30 whiny little creep who hopes he'll die before he gets old?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Security concerns? In Namibia?? Are you kidding??

WHAT security concerns? No terrorist even knows WHERE Namibia is (except the old retired 'freedom fightahs' who now all sit in the Namibian Parliament).

The country could use some extra FOREX, and places like the Areva desalination plant, Wlotzkas Baken, Walvis Bay and the Skeleton Coast would be ideal as film sets. ;-)

As for the "Benoni poppie" in the movie... YES PLEASE!!

17. Hollerith 1

My life now has meaning

Theron as a road warrior? There Is A God. The soldier on the 'city' wall in Mad Max II (the blonde) will live forever in my heart, but MM IV, it it's any good and not unbelievably boring, as the two Tomb-raiders were (note to scriptwriter: must have a compelling story), will be the ultimate.

General failure of women-as-hero films: a Strong Man/sidekick does a lot of the heavy lifting, they give her a child character (see Alien II) so she can show her feminine side and have a reason to fight (because evil is never enough reason for a girl apparently), or they throw in love to give her depth. Ms Theron, just kick butt and tote heavy, heavy weaponry and fight the good cinematic fight: it's all we ask of you.

18. raving angry loony

daddy?

Mad Maxine and Mel's her daddy? They wouldn't... would they?

19. John Dougald McCallum
    Terminator

Mel Gibson

I think that he should be in this one but it should reflect that 20-30 years HAVE passed and any action that he gets into should reflect that,pot belly,manboobs and all.

20. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Thumb Down

Mad Max: One Foot in the Grave

Stars Mel Gibson as a grumpy old git in a zimmer frame in a post-apocalyptic nursing home and Charlize Theron as his nurse, struggling to understand why he continuously spits out anti-semitic nonsense while driving his wheelchair under the influence.

Hm... I think I will give it a miss.

21. VoodooForce
    Grenade

Son of Max

I was hoping Sam Worthington would be son of Mel with Theron his side bitch

See you on the road scag!

22. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

There's only two things this movie needs

(1) Mel on his porch yelling "you stinkin' kids get offa my lawn!" and

(2) Charlize nekkid.

She knows all about nekkid.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Charlize Theron.... IS....

MISSUS Walker!

24. the spectacularly refined chap

Needs a pretty girl

What's the big fascination with Charlize Theron anyway? She always looks like she has just been slapped by a wet fish. And please, contrary to what a previous AC wrote we don't need to see her nekkid - that is an image I can live without.

25. This post has been deleted by its author

26. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Needs a pretty girl

Right, TSPC. So the thought of the tall blonde world-renowned beauty Charlize Theron in the altogether leaves you cold if not actually slightly queasy, does it? Blimey, you've got high standards.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Didn't "Hitch-hikers" have some group campaigning for leaving things along?

Attention, Hollywood! Leave the classics alone! Grow some original ideas! Stop taking so many drugs! And learn to speak "English" English!

28. jai

this could be great.... but i fear it won't be

the old films look so very dated

it'd be cool to see one with modern special fx

but it has to be all about the battles on the Road.

the first one's a brilliant classic

the 2nd is great, the finale battle with the tanker is ace, but it's criminal that his Interceptor gets toasted before that

and the 3rd, if he's not chugging along in a train he's trekking through the desert finding quicksand or upto his pelvis in pigsh!t

what we want to see is a heavily modified 1973 Ford XB Falcon Hardtop burning along endless barren roadways, with either Max or his protege at the wheel dispensing much needed justice in a world gone to hell

i fear what we'll get is something heavily sponsored by Honda where all the scum of the post-apocalyptic wasteland are seen to be car-pooling in their environmentally freindly hydrogen powered vehicles

29. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I have two words for you:

Eric bloody Bana.

No-one else could pull of the swagger of Max.

"If ya wanna get out of here, ya talk to me."

30. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

why do I.....

Get the feeling that this will be like fast and the furious, but with dirty cars !!!

This topic is closed for new posts.