back to article Consoles & Gadgets Rapid Fire

One of the problems with being a newcomer to any multiplayer combat gaming platform is that, up against experienced sharp shooters, you probably won't survive for long. You really do get to learn the hard way. Although technically outlawed – offending the gaming community’s sense of fair play – a modified controller with rapid- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

FAIL

This is a product for everyone who sucks at online FPS, they are EPIC FAILS.

I hope this becomes popular, so popular that game developers ban it and all the cheaters get their wallets burnt

2. Greg J Preece

How much???

Sixty five bloody quid??

You want a really good FPS controller for a console? Then you need to get someone to make an updated version of one o' these:

http://www.amazon.com/FPS-MASTER-CONTROLLER-Xbox/dp/B0000CO2UR

Might look ridiculous, but it's a brilliant controller. I've got them for PS2 and X-box. Each finger gets its own button, so you can keep your thumbs on the analogs at all times, which makes it easier to reload while running/turning/aiming/all the things that are really easy if you just play FPS games on the PC. Plus, all the buttons can be reconfigured and moved around from the controller, and it stores three onboard game profiles that you switch between with a single button press.

That and the fact that I paid no more than £10 for any of them, I'd say the FPS Master beats the crap out of this thing. Perhaps they should take some lessons from a superior product?

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to find an adaptor so I can use mine on the PS3.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Pointless

The whole point of xbox live is that you get matched up with people of a similar skill to you. Cheatting with something like this would only make the game more difficult for the n00b??

On top of which, it really does spoil the game. COD4 for example, people running round rapid firing the G3 with modded controllers. Report them, get them banned.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"fair play"

"Although technically outlawed – offending the gaming community’s sense of fair play"

Ye. We'll talk about fair play when people stop camping or picking on poor players (either by fiddleing the rateing systems to get in lower rated matches or just plain picking on the poor players in the match at the exclusion of others).

5. LuMan
    FAIL

Sixty Five Quid!!??

This is WELL PRICEY for a controller that, in all fairness, looks and operates no better than a bog-standard controller.

Oddly, the thing I look for in a controller is how comfortable it is. No matter how much third parties try to emulate a PS3 or XBOX controller they all seem to play like cack!

Nope, big fail from me on this one.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

omg HOW COOL

I think this is great and im not pants at FPS.. I have a 300-1 kill death ratio and think this will just help to pick on those worthless n00bs that think they should have an xbox.. its not a toy.. its a serious gaming machine.

I think actually it would just be better to mod your own control than pay but deffo do it.. funny as firing a G3 like a machine gun

7. Andrew Macrobie

65 Quid ? Having a laugh !

The source code for this type of mod (as well as wiring diagrams and instructions for making a homebrew programmer) have been available on the internet for some time. In fact, I would be surprised if the code used in these controllers differed from the original by very much...

See : http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29999.0

for more information and tutorials.

8. b166er

Pah!

Do away with these rubbish controllers and the even worse aim-assist built in to help controller using players aim properly and get yourself an XIM360. Microsoft should lead the way and allow players to use a keyboard and mouse with their 360, even if it means different lobbies for K/M players.

9. Maksim Rukov
    WTF?

fix the game, not the controller

Surely the solution to all this is to have a limit on weapon firing rates?

So you squeezed the trigger 100 times in one second? Too bad, this thing needs 0.5 seconds between each shot so you only shot twice in the game.

Or am I missing something?

10. ps3
    Gates Horns

No way

Hi, This is crazy. This takes all the skill and hours of peoples lifes trying to perfect games so they can go online and kick a**, I am crap at shoot em up online but I would never resort to such low tactics. Anyone that Buys this sucks enough said. But i have a ps3 anyway.

11. cre@mstick360
    Thumb Down

Learn to play the game

The whole point of Xbox Live is to have loads of fun with your mates.

If you die, you die. We all get over it and try our best to improve.

What will they bring out next? A pad that steers your car for you, so you always finish 1st?

Boring. Just like this silly pad.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like