back to article Intel pulls SSD update

Intel has pulled the solid-state drive firmware update it released this week after an unspecified number of users claimed the software wasn't entirely compatible with Windows 7. In a statement, the chip giant said: "We take all sightings and issues seriously and are working toward resolution. We have temporarily taken down the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Ahhh beta testers...

...sorry early adopters.

If it wasn't for these mugs, those that choose not to download or buy latest version of <Insert software / hardware name> the second it comes out don't have to put up with crashed services, dead systems and overpriced hardware.

For those stupid enough to download and use the first day something comes out, I salute you, you save the rest of us the pain and heartache.

2. Edward 2
    Badgers

WFM

I read the warnings... and applied it anyway.

In my spare time, I also do base jumping and a spot of Russian roulette.

3. John Sanders
    WTF?

WTF!

I'm I the only one that thinks that products should be released tried and tested?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@John Sanders

Q. What do you call somebody that buys version 1.0 of anything for the PC?

A. A fool

It was true in the eighties and still holds true today.

5. Ken Hagan Gold badge
    Grenade

@John Sanders

"I'm I the only one that thinks that products should be released tried and tested?"

No, but no economist would agree with you. In a year or so's time, Intel will be able to point to their "lead" in getting this technology into the marketplace, but the customers whose machines were trashed in the process will be forgotten. Sounds like a win to me. The same argument is why Microsoft never fix (non-security) bugs found after RTM. Any such effort just takes resources away from the development of the next version and discourages punters from upgrading to it when it finally arrives. Where's the profit in that?

Until consumers start LOATHING the industry with a PASSION and DRIPPING CONTEMPT on every word uttered by their VILE marketing departments, I can't see why anything will change.

6. mirza
    Dead Vulture

Epic Trim!

Everybody was all for trim, so here it is!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like