back to article Enraged bee bursts Taiwanese woman's breast implant

A Taiwanese woman was sporting a brand spanking new breast implant this week after her previous joy bag was punctured in a freak bee stinging incident. The apine dive bomber attacked the 31 year old last month as she was riding her motorcycle while wearing a low cut dress, Ananova reports. Despite the fact that saline implants …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edward Fingleton

Swarm in a B cup

Congratulations on a fantastic line!

It's always nice to be kept abreast of recent developments, i predict "apine proof" bulgarian air bags on the market forthwith.

2. Paul Naylor

Diamond bullet through the temple genius!

I'm not commenting on the story because I didn't actually get past the tagline "Swarm in a B-cup".

Perhaps the best play on words ever!

3. Ash

Lester Haines

V2.0

4. Rose

Never let a good subtitle go unused

A once in a lifetime opportunity, congratulations on grabbing it with both hands. Sod the IT angle.

5. dave appleby

Bravo

Bravo. Now swop the headline and tag line and it's the winner for the year so far!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Buzz sounds.

Not sure I'm buying the whole "put the incident down to the fact that she was “very skinny” which meant the skin on her breasts was therefore very thin and prone to puncturing"

The Skin (even on thin people) is a few mm thick and the container would also be quite thick too so I doubting that a bee sting would be up to the job. Perhaps a Queen Wasp or Hornett.

What also needs to be taken in to consideration is the internal PSI of the breast plumper.

Sounds like it was a bit of a dodgy installation I hope she got a free replacement/ upgrade.

7. Dam

Swarm i na B-cup, so what?

Anyone cares to explain the pun to a non englishman ?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Swarm in a B cup

Best. Strapline. Ever.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IT Angle

i suppose that you could class the development of breast inplants a development in the technology available for the medical profession.

THERES your IT Angle!!

10. Steve

Whre are the goddamn pictures ?!?!

Another Bulgarian air bag story with no salacious images. WTF ????

:-)

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Relevance?

I was going to question the relevance of this story being here, but for the bee to have done what it did there must have been a point to it after all.

I'd get me coat, but there's a queue at the cloakroom.....

TeeCee

12. Bez

Tsk

Can I just point out that the kilogram is a unit of mass, not pressure?

Anyway, just goes to show that bees like honeys.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Dan

It's a play on "Storm in a tea cup" which means that someone's amking a lot of fuss about nothing.... As this cup (filler) apparantly became.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about the bee?

No-one seems too concerned about the fate of the poor old insect. Presumably he got mashed by the motorcycling mammaries? What a way to go.

15. Tim Bergel

Swarm in a B cup explained

For Dam and other non english-speakers:

The phrase "Storm in a tea cup" is used to mean a trivial problem or incident.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Dam

B-Cup refers to the cup size of a bra.

Swarm: collective noun for bees etc.

The British have a saying "Storm in a teacup", meaning, usually, a great fuss over a small matter.

Hope this helps.

17. James Bassett

No question

To the first poster who asks whether this is the best play on words ever.

I fail to see the need to question. There is no doubt. I hope the writer (Joe Fay?) is given a wonderful pension and allowed to retire at the top.

Genius!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ahhh....

Here in the US I usually hear it as 'tempest in a tea cup', so the pun was good but not fantastic. But going from 'storm' to 'swarm' is definitely inspired.

It might have been more appropriate to go with 'd-cup' rather than 'b-cup', though, under the circumstances. :)

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

overuse penalty BA

If I don't don't see the phrase "Bulgarian airbag" used again any time soon I won't cry it's a stupid misnomer give it up not only that but this story is little sketchy too. Yeah sure it was bee's tell him to take it easy next time lady and kill the BA it's not Bulgarian it's not filled with air and it's not funny any more .

20. Chris Collins

Pics?

Clearly we need to investigate these fake funbags on a closer basis in order to determine their bee repelling characteristics. Men of Science demand to know.

21. Fancy

Swarm in a D Cup?

<pedant>

Surely a better size for an implant?

</pedant>

22. Uwe Dippel

Title

This D cup is no more! He has ceased to bee. He's expired and gone to meet his maker!

23. Dan

@D-Cup?

It should only have been D-cup if you're too f***ing stupid to notice that this story included bees!

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When the bee stings

A highly ironic refund is no doubt due; surely the whole *point* of getting Bulgarian airbags is that you're fed up with your bee stings in the first place?

/coat

25. Steve Evans

lmao!

There are some fantastic comments in here! Cheers guys/girls!

Personal fave being

"A highly ironic refund is no doubt due; surely the whole *point* of getting Bulgarian airbags is that you're fed up with your bee stings in the first place?"

26. J

Wow...

"she was riding her motorcycle while wearing a low cut dress"

That's what I call an interesting image, with all the wind involved and whatnot.

Now do bees run BeOS in their hives infrastructure? That would be the perfect IT angle ever, mind you.

Oh my, sorry...

27. Jon Tocker

A veritable punorama

And some excelent comments.

Swarms in B-cups, "bee-stings" and certainly some pointed comments on a story with a real point.

Great stuff - and we all know the last thing that went through that bee's mind...

Its arse

28. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Mashed by motorcycling mammaries

If you cut the motorcycling part, I wouldn't mind passing away like that.

Right, got my coat, I'm out of the door.

29. Sceptical Bastard

Genius

Quote: "A once in a lifetime opportunity, congratulations on grabbing it with both hands. Sod the IT angle"

I'm with Rose on that! Well done, Vultures - a truly great pun.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Last thing to go through its mind ...

...preceeded by 'Oops! Boobed!'

31. Martin Maloney

I'm SO ashamed (yeah, right)

It was an IRA terrorist bee, following instructions:

"Erin, go bra!"

Martin

32. V.Srikrishnan

Get me coat?

I have noticed in many comments that the writers end with reference to getting their coats. Could someone please clarify on this?

I have tried to figure it out but must confess by failure.

33. DZ-Jay

A headline to match the tagline

It was an inspired tagline, no doubt about it, and well deserving of all the praises in here. However, I still think the headline could have used a bit of thought to match the tagline's impact. Perhaps something like:

Boob bursting bee on biking blunder.

-dZ.

34. Oliverh

Errrrr

"Boob bursting bee on biking blunder"

This is not The Sunor The Sport!!!

and to V.Srikrishnan:

Coats can be used to keep warm should shame cause you to leave a room, headed for the tumbleweed infested, freezing wasteland that is BadJokeTown! It comes originally from The Fast show I believe. My favourite being the historical sketch where the character, after an awful faux pas, proffered "I'll get my cloak"

35. Steve Wedge

Er, was the bee's name Eric?

And did they find both halves?

36. unsung rob

@ those saying D-cup

I think you're missing the best bit.

That B refers to the original term (tea) the breasts (B-cup) and the insect in question (Bee). Makes it into a great pun instead of a good pun.

37. Gwyn Kemp-Philp

Bee's knees

I have had such a good laugh at this, Top marks for the puns.

It does however show that there is much more to speaking English than it says on the tin.

Any joke loses 75% of its content in explanation.

Shame about the lack of piccies though.... Still.. I have an imagination...

38. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

B Cup?

If that's all she got out of it, why did she bother with the implant?

But, yes... that is a very boring reaction to a very clever title :)

This topic is closed for new posts.