back to article Political blogs escape federal scrutiny

The US presidential race has, maddeningly, already been moving along at full throttle for months, and political bloggers look poised to play an important role in the selection of the new commander in chief. Now, thanks to two decisions handed down last week by the Federal Election Commission, spewing partisan nonsense in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jack Prichard

10 Bloggers worth 1 Camel?

"political bloggers look poised to play an important role in the selection of the new commander in chief."

As we say down here, yeah right. Last Presidential election we heard this stuff, Howard Dean's campaign manager boasted that 1 blogger is worth 10 normal voters [This may be one of those great quotes the weren't like Al Gore inventing the internet so I won't put in quote marks] but even so it was widely reported at the time.

Anybody heard from Howard recently? Anybody know if Mr Dean is actually still alive come to that?

Yeah, thought so.

For shame, El Reg. I expect better than the likes of you falling for this kind of spin, you usually do better than this; a lot better.

So, how about 20 Bloggers for that Camel?

Jack

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As the saying goes...

...I'd walk a mile for a Camel - but I'd prefer a woman.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

[Re] As the saying goes...

camels before hoes

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

[Re] As the saying goes...

You might get two humps on a camel?

I'll also get my coat then!

5. John A Blackley

@10 Bloggers Worth 1 Camel

Jack, since you asked:

"As Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, Gov. Howard Dean is making the Democratic Party competitive in every race, in every district, in every state and territory, while integrating national and state party operations and standing up for Democrats' core values. His election to this post on February 12, 2005 is the most recent chapter in a life dedicated to shaping the future of the Democratic Party."

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a coincidence!

"...Gov. Howard Dean is making the Democratic Party competitive in every race, in every district, in every state and territory"

Actually, the guy who got the job he wanted, George W. Bush, is doing a far better job at it.

This topic is closed for new posts.