back to article VoIP hack suspect fugitive extradited back to US

A Venezuelan hacking suspect arrested in Mexico last February on computer hacking and fraud charges faces a court appearance in New Jersey on Tuesday, following his extradition to the US last week. Edwin Pena, 26, a former Miami resident, fled from US justice in August 2006 two months after he was bailed on charges of hacking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

a few years in chokey ought to fix him

Well, maybe more than a few....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

*ahem*

>>>“No one should feel free and comfortable from prosecution or detection merely by being in another country.”

Not even British *cough* "UFO-hunters".

3. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Stop

But what's this got to do with the Talking Heads reference?

</baffled>

4. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: 12345

Sigh.

5. HFoster
    Pint

Hahaha!

Great subtitle!

6. Santa from Exeter
    FAIL

Re: ahem

Apples and Oranges my dear Coward. This guy committed a crime whilst on US soil, fraudulently obtaining VOIP minutes. The fact that he also went through 'wet paper bag' security is the only similarity.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Re:Santa

That's your excuse? That SOLO-boy wasn't actually sitting on a chair in the US when he waltzed through (and I agree completely here) 'wet paper bag security' - and boasted "I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels.”

Better call off the hunt for narco-traffickers, human-traffickers and Bin Laden using that logic.

8. Santa from Exeter
    Black Helicopters

Re: AC Re:Santa

No excuses needed. In this case they *stole* minutes, whereas McKinnon (I presume that's who you mean by 'SOLO-boy' {note the personal epithet, a sure sign of a small mind}) didn't actually steal anything; merely showed up the US military sysadmins as being utter clueless numpties. That's the real reason they want to bring him to trial, the ridiculously inflated megabux for damages is merely the contractors salaries for doing same numpties jobs for them and securing the systems! (Icon for the forthcoming seppie raid if we refuse to extradite)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like