back to article E-Wolf unveils extreme sports e-car

German car firm e-Wolf has unveiled plans for a leccy “extreme sports car”. ewolf_01 E-Wolf's e-2 will be powered by four leccy motors Due to run as a prototype in 2011 and enter limited production soon after, the e-2 will be powered by four electric motors producing a combined power output of over 400kW (536hp). The e-2’ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Tie Fighter

Tie Fighter Sound Effects Please!

2. Martin Ward 1
    Thumb Up

Menu Option

Choose Engine Sound :

London Taxi

Lawnmower

Helicopter

Coffee Grinder

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

You'd have thought...

Someone in the car industry would have noticed the rest of the world has moved on from Li ion to Li Polymer..

Oh well, Dinosaurs are extinct because they couldn't adapt.

4. Hermes Conran
    Happy

Acoustic safety module

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    Grenade

Saints preserve us!

"....we’re sure buyers could tinker with the car’s digital audio......"

Ohshit I do hope not. I've just had a vision of the future in which cars sail around in electrical serenity. Silent save for the sound of "Crazy Frog", that POS with the talentless helium-voiced dickhead or whatever other crap ringtone's doing the rounds at the time playing incessently through their personalised "acoustic safety modules".

6. John 104

Beautiful - sort of

The front and 3/4 views of this car are awesome. The back end needs some help though....

Keep it up you custom high end car manufacturers! The more of these things that get built, the sooner real cars for the rest of us will be able to perform. Prius? Insight? Please....A man has to maintain his dignity! Til then, I'll keep rockin 50MPG on my R6....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At last....

....a bloody "sports" car with sports car performance! None of this pissy limited to 110mph or 0-60 in 8 seconds and even a decent range, for a sports car.

How do I win one (like I could afford to buy one)?

8. CC

Another Pipe Dream

This car will never see the light of day....lets see something real rather than these drawings and 3D computer generated art for a change.

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

'e-wolf'?!

I'm trying to think of something snarky to say about that name, but it's so bad that my language center seems to have completely shut down. My god! What were they thinking?

10. Ben 73
    Thumb Up

5s 0 to 60?

WIth the same bhp/ton as the Gumpert Apollo, I'm reckoning that's going to be far quicker than 5 seconds to 60 - 4 wheel drive and a lot more torque, more like 3 seconds? Nice!

Wonder how many racing starts are included in the maximum range...

11. Oliver Mayes

"make it sound like an ice-cream truck or Fiat Panda"

I'd rather have one that sounds like a steam train, with a matching steam-whistle horn.

Just to confuse and/or terrify anyone approaching from the other direction in a dark tunnel.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

four motors...

If this has four motors, I assume one per wheel.

Does this mean we could have a car that could skid steer!?

13. Graham Bartlett
    Alert

So what would it sound like then?

<BEEP> Warning, this vehicle is reversing.

<BEEP> Warning, this vehicle is going forwards.

<BEEP> Warning, this vehicle is going forwards very fast.

<BEEP> Warning, if you've heard this message, I'm past you already.

14. Tom 35
    Megaphone

Sounds for a silly looking car.

"an “acoustic safety module” that will apparently pump out sounds commensurate with the car's looks."

So a PA speaker and a copy of crazy frog should about do it.

15. peter tomlinson
    Unhappy

Good luck

Finding any place you can safely drive it maxed out.

16. Bernie 2
    Thumb Up

Front end, nice

Back end, not so much.

Still, it's a damn sight nicer than the milk floats most companies are pitching.

17. g e

Yum

I'll take mine in Stealth Bomber Black, please, with a TIE Fighter engine sound, or maybe a TRON Recogniser sound....

Or a TARDIS ?

18. Floormeister
    Thumb Down

Uggh!

Can I say that this car looks really ugly? I know people do not care much about my aesthetic sense but every time some innovative design comes out, the sports car loving cock-rockers always complain about the looks (and I always thing glass houses, stones, etc.).

Expensive, ugly, and really stupid "noise added" tech--the electric part is great though!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Brum Brum

I personally favour ..

A. Gordon Brown's voice chirping out .. Hold Me, Please Hold Me.

B. Britney Spears .. Baby One More Time.

C. Washing Machine On Spin Cycle.

D. City Rover.

E. Only Fools And Horse Reliant Robin.

F. 50cc Moped

20. JC 2
    Thumb Down

@ Floormeister

Actually the electric part is the worst of all. Limited range, limited top speed, arguably no decrease in environmental impact at all once you factor for new fabrication, batteries, disposal/recycling, still a need to generate power and have a charger and let's face it, all this waste for a car that's not likely to be one's everyday cruiser to/fro work.

Can't they at least start using LiFEPO4 batteries for lower impact and greater charge cycling? Energy density is lower, but sports car or not it is a public roadworthy vehicle it need not be a race car if it is aimed towards environmental types, all it has to do is what all sports cars had to do, outperform much of it's class and below, and look unique doing so.

I'd hate to be traveling hundreds of miles in one though, not much of a factor if it's cruise range is short.

21. LuMan
    Pint

Acoustic Safety Module

No chance. It'll use up too much power. Much better to stick a playing card into the spokes like we did with bikes when we were kids. My Raleigh Commando was a bleedin' Suzuki and no messin'!!

22. Chizo Ejindu
    FAIL

Seriously...

When are they gonna start using hydrogen fuel cells? Or nuclear battteries that last for years? Hell the original batmobile was using atomic batteries back in the sixties and the world STILL hasn't caught up!

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Peter Tomlinson...

...just like a Ford focus, Nissan Micra, Fiat Punto.

not many places you are legally allowed max out your car....unless of course, like thousands of others, you stick it on a track.

24. wim

sounds according to speed ?

I would prefer the sound to change according to the speed

something like

0-30km/h silent mode

30-50km/h rally car sound

50-100 km/h F1 sound

100 - top speed jet turbine sound

25. Kevin Whitefoot
    Thumb Down

0-60 in 5s

UK prepped Mitsubishi Evo FQ400's do 0-60mph in 3.5 and only generate 300kW (according to Wikipedia) so 5s for an electric car with 400kW isn't very impressive. And the Evo is essentially a mass produced car.

26. Pete James

jesus

Well, it takes a very special talent to take significant styling cues from various Farraris and Lamborghinis and still manage to come up with something uglier than a Nova kit car.

But, as it's from Germany then I shouldn't be all that surprised I guess.

This topic is closed for new posts.