back to article Moto Android 2.0 smartphone revealed

Motorola’s upcoming Android smartphone has finally been revealed in a set of front-and-back pictures published online. Moto_Droid_04 Motoroal's Droid could be its first smartphone to run éclair Although not Motorola’s first Android-based phone – that award goes to the Dext - the Droid smartphone will likely be the firm’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Brian S Paskin
    FAIL

Ugly

The phone is ugly. While it may have some advantages over the iPhone, it is definitely not hip. Good luck Motorola.

2. bob's hamster

At last?

Blimey, after 10 years Motorola bring out a good phone, surely shome mishtake!

3. Richard Home
    Unhappy

Hmmm

It looks like a different team designed the front and the back and they couldn't agree on the size and the colour.

Nice specification, but as Brian says, ugly.

4. Argolis
    Thumb Up

Hmm...

I probably have no sense of taste but I kind of like it actually. Probably ludicrously expensive outside of contracts though.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks good

I actually think it looks quite good. Almost a bit retro. It looks a bit like one of the old scientific calculators I had at school.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ugly icons

If they look at the iPhone, he's removed the text under the icon, and evened up the icons using a rectangle format. Making for a neater more pleasing display.

I have to say Android needs a stylist, it's butt ugly.

7. Chris 211

Function over form

What are you lot techs or fashion girls? I'd take functions over form as long as it fits in my pocket, I want things that work not just look pretty. Fix the bugs not the icons!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Function over form

"What are you lot techs or fashion girls? I'd take functions over form as long as it fits in my pocket, I want things that work not just look pretty. Fix the bugs not the icons!"

I think they should fix both and I think style and function go hand in hand.

This is a finger operated device, see the talk bubble? If I press outside the bubble but inside it's bounding rectangle, am I in or out of the icon? The design makes it ambiguous.

You see how styling it as a button, you also make it clear to the user what is inside and what is outside of the icon.

A good stylist is what Google needs for that device. I've seen it several times and thought 'yuck'.

9. Des
    Thumb Up

Hmmm, you is ugly!

I agree that it looks ugly, but I can't wait to end my iPhone contract and try a bit of Andriod. Maybe not this phone, but in 6-8 months something better is bound to come along. Things have come a long way since WM5, but I'm not sure it has always been in the right direction. iPhone may be the current sweetheart, but it'll never last.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like