back to article Honda slips motorised unicycle into e-car

Honda is gearing up to demo an array of electric vehicles at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show, including an e-car incorporating the firm’s recently unveiled motorised unicycle. Honda_EV-N_01 Honda's electric EV-N: a three-door Trabant nT? The EV-N is described simply as a “battery electric vehicle” and Honda isn’t willing to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly

More needed

Is a spinning bow-tie and a big red nose included in the package?

2. J 3
    Alien

Damn...

And I'll still have to use my own energy in order to get the unicycle out of the door, configure it, move out of the car's seat and onto the unicycle's? Gee, I feel tired already...

3. Michael Hawkes
    Thumb Up

retro themes

At first glance, I thought it sort f looked like a Trabant, too. After thinking about it a bit longer, though, it reminds me a bit of the Honda 600 hatchbacks from the 60s - 70s. I hope they put it into production, either electric or petrol-engined versions.

4. Anton Ivanov
    Grenade

Trabant my a**e

This is a literal copy of one of the most popular cars in Japan - Daihatsu Mira. It probably looks closer to a Mini in real life.

5. Anton Ivanov

Skydeck == Electric FRV

FINALLY. A proper hybrid family vehicle. If this is as practical as a FRV and drives as good as FRV count me in for one.

6. Christopher Martin

"Will we ever use our legs again?"

How are we supposed to stay on our unicycles?

7. Fred Flintstone Gold badge
    Coat

"The Tokyo Motor Show kicks off in Japan"

Out of interest, is there a possibility the Tokyo Motor Show could kick off in another country? Just curious :-)

Yup, the flameproof one, thanks.

8. Seán

Just one problem

No doubt despite intense training and considerable practice every person using these things looks either terrified or queasy, The footrests should be behind the body line, The problem with leading with your genitals is when it goes wrong it really goes terribly terribly wrong.

9. Roger Greenwood
    Happy

Skydeck

Anton :- I 'm with you - looks a great replacement for the FR-V. Wonder how they stop the sun blinding the driver ? Massive problem here in UK (not).

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Sandwhich anyone?

The EV-N is very reminiscent of the original Honda "butty-box" from many years ago. It looks pretty good in a "ZX-81" kind of way. :)

11. Stoneshop
    Go

@Michael Hawkes

Definitely a retro Honda 600. Pity for Honda it's no way as iconic as a Beetle, Cinquecento or Mini.

http://www.synlube.com/images/Honda600sedana.jpg

12. Grease Monkey Silver badge

@Anton Ivanov

Mira my arse!

I've owned two Miras (Miri?) and that looks nothing like. Well OK it's the same vague shape, but then so are any number of Kei cars, it's just the most effective shape for a restricted road footprint.

You may as well accuse it of being a copy of a Subaru Vivio.

This topic is closed for new posts.