back to article YouTube video spam promotes Russian real estate

Russian security researchers have discovered a spam campaign that points towards video ads hosted on YouTube. Previous junk mail campaigns have featured links to supposed video clips that actually point directly towards malvertised sites. The latest campaign differs because it uses videos clips rather than empty promises of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And after they get ~200k views...

...YouTube will offer to revenue-share with them! Perfect!

At least in this case, the usual YouTube comments invective will be well-placed.

2. 3BEPOTEKCT

Non-Profit Shot To The Sky?

Anywhere in the Europe (not Luxembourg, Monaco and Nice), real estate is a much less expensive substance than in, say, Moscow.

Advertising real estate in Russian language on Youtube is a shot to the sky, 99 percent of the auditory will never buy anything like that just because nowadays the rent is too high and salary is too small for the locals to think about any personally dwelled up future. So we are having mostly probably a spontaneous non-profit cultural video event (-;

73 (-:

3. Mike Flugennock

on a slightly related thought... time-share ads...?

This has just gotten me to thinking about the time-share condo infomercials that seem to be all over YouTube like a rash.

Just who the hell is watching _those_? I mean, who knowingly and willingly goes there to view time-share pitches... or, are people steered there the same way they are toward the Russian real-estate ads?

I have a YouTube channel of my own, of "samizdat newsreels" of protests and such, but I don't actually spend a lot of time viewing other peoples' content; still, during the time I'm on, I've seen more than a few time-share condo pitches of varying quality posted, and flagged them to Hell, and -- seeing as how when the wife and I are visiting Puerto Vallarta, we steer clear of those scum like the plague -- wondered the whole time, "who's watching this crap?"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like