back to article Almighty rumpus in Swedish lesbian enclave

The news earlier this week that Chinese state news agency Xinhua had identified a hitherto unknown lesbian enclave buried deep in the forests of northern Sweden prompted sceptical commenters to demand photographic evidence of the sapphic paradise. Well, ever eager to oblige, we've quite amazingly got hold of a photograph of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex Walsh

At lunch...

... I'm off to buy a hat, purely so I can take it off to you Mr Haines.

Good work sir!

2. Gordon is not a Moron
    IT Angle

So where's

on second thoughts, better stop before I get Carl4'd by the Moderatrix

3. Toastan Buttar
    Thumb Up

El Reg delivers

Marvelous.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Youtube vid

"This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."

5. neb
    Happy

sublime

and worth the wait till friday =)

6. Sleepy 1
    Black Helicopters

That's a shame

lesbo-snog vet..."This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."

7. Scott 19
    Troll

Hard job

Must be taxing working in your office, going trough all tha naked pictures of Ms Friel?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Perfect

Perfect! :)

9. Stef 4
    Thumb Up

Who? What? Where? How?

Title says it all.

10. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Thumb Up

Best one yet.

Well done Reg. This has really cheered me up on what has been a very slow Friday morning - so many thanks.

Also, just to add that the thought of "covering" Anna Friels rear has really perked me up. Although I shall leave the thoughts of what I would like to cover her perfect arse in... to your collective imaginations.

11. David Adams
    Coffee/keyboard

ROFL

SuperLOLs etc

12. frank ly
    Thumb Up

You couldn't make this up......

.....Oh, wait a minute... Well done and thank you for brightening my day :)

13. Rob
    Happy

Thankyou ElReg

I'm having a shit day and needed a bit of light relief (seeing as the story is about a lesbian enclave, no pun intended).

14. Ben Rosenthal
    Thumb Up

best.playmobil.ever.

that is all.

15. MnM
    Heart

That's no regular roving radical

It's the scowling sociopath Carl 4, ready to wreak revenge on everything that's not to do with IT.

'DON'T call me enervating'

16. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Nurse!

Lester has forgotten to take his dried frog pills again!

(Only possible explanation)

17. Graham Bartlett
    Pint

But...

wot no Optimus Prime?

18. Dave Harris
    WTF?

WTF

Please, in case I missed it, WTF is Jar-Jar effing Binks doing there?

19. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

BIGGER picture please

And I can reveal that the YouTube video that is unavailable in the UK is steamy NSFW full frontal svelte scantily-clad scandanavian sapphic smut of the highest (Jacqui Smith expense worthy) quality. Too bad you can't see it in the UK I guess....

Once again, give us some desktop sized copies of these exclusive photos please Reg.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

"...member of the Mediaeval Order of Saint Navratilova."

Priceless! Gets my vote for quote of the year.

21. Skizz
    Happy

Fake

That's so obviously a photoshop fake! The lighting's all wrong, shadows in the wrong place and it's as clear a daylight where Optimus Prime has been digitally removed (the great one using his transforming abilities to provide the enclave with suitable electro-mechanical assistance).

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Playmobil FTW

So much for the "Great Firewall of China"

23. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Heart

You only missed the password debacle from the grand list - still a very packed episode though :D

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET A PLAYMOBIL FIGURE FOR Ms BEE?!?!?!?!11!?!1!!!!1

24. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

"a roving radical Islamic cleric"

Don't be silly! Clerics are wusses who only get a few poxy healing spells and aren't allowed to use any weapon better than a mace. With all those guns and bombs, that guy has to be a fighter, maybe a paladin. Definitely not a cleric though.

25. Hollerith 1

um, has anyone considered...

...that there might be lesbians among the El Reg readers? Now, are we laughing our heads off with the boys? Or perhaps sighing a weary sigh, because of course we are, simply by existing, both titilating and amusing? I'm not getting on my 'this offends me' high horse, as I am always told I am not allowed one ('it's just a bit of fun') but geez, guys, can't we move on from the automatic fnarr-fnarr the word 'lesbian' seems to conjure?

26. ThaRobster
    Alert

@Hollerith 1

But don't you find the Chinese reporting amusing?

Usually this kind of this is reported in the Reg anyway, lesbians or no.

Like it or not, though, some men will always laugh at things like this.

Left to their own devices, it's probably all they'd do in fact.

Don't just dismiss this as comedy at the expense of lesbians though.

Yes, lesbians are involved, but I'd see it more as poking fun at Chinese news

Kicking Xinhua while they're down, so to speak.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

@Hollerith 1

See now there's some generalisation right there, what makes you assume all the boys are laughing our heads of, or automatically fnarr-fnarring? (If that's even a word).

Not everybody here is a knuckle dragging ape who considers Viz or loaded the height of literature you know... So if you promise to stop generalising, I promise not to snicker.

28. Ben Rosenthal
    FAIL

@ Hollerith 1

you should probably read the article before commenting.

29. Alan Esworthy
    Go

@ Hollerith 1

I'm with you, Hollerith 1. I don't find lesbians per se at all funny. You'll not hear even a single fnarr from me.

*Humourless* lesbians, on the other hand, are quite hilarious.

30. ThomasF
    Big Brother

Anna Friels Arse asks for Assylum

It amazing that the only thing to come out of this whole plastic jobbie picture with any dignity is Anna Friels Arse

The Plastic Lesbian cannibal People that seem to populate this part of the frozen north must be going gaga for a slice of the famous Friel Hairy Bacon. Has she been arsenapped and do we need to send Lester in with a cracked team, to bring home the Friel bacon.

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Tortillera Sarten of West Yorkshire

Just go to Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire. 25% of the population live a lets-be-friends life among the beads and herbs. There are few sausage sandwiches there however. Once upon a time the Cinema matinees showed Superman, now it would have to be Superwoman: she would brobably still have a big bulge in the blue tights!

32. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Well Done!

And very much appreciated on this rainy Friday.

Hats off, and a brew for you.

33. Luther Blissett

@AC 14:39 @Hollerith

> Not everybody here is a knuckle dragging ape who considers Viz or loaded the height of literature you know...

On the contrary, Roger's (ex parte Viz) Profanosaurus is IMHO the finest extant counterexample to Ayer's Language Truth & Logic, as well as to the Oxford English Dictionary. I guarantee it will cheer up even the most anonymous of cowards on any bad of your choice after May 2010. Or your money back. Look what it did for me.

34. Daniel Wilkie

@Luther Blisset

That was my bad, I didn't mean to post AC :p I shall investigate, in the interest of "Doing Science"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like