back to article Google tests clipboard in the sky

Google is privately testing a new copy-and-paste service for shuttling data between Gmail, Google Docs, and other Googly online services. At least, that's the word from the not-affiliated-with-Google Google Operating System Blog. Blogger Alex Chitu recently noticed chatter about the service - dubbed CloudBoard - on an internal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bucknall
    Stop

Is it me or has the world gone mad?

What's next? Every mouse movement going via Google before the mouse cursor on the screen is updated?

You know, computers these days are actually pretty powerful, they don't need servers/mainframes to do all their work for them. This current trend towards moving more and more functionality off the desktop onto the web and doing everything through a god damn web browser is just getting ridiculous!

Is the 'access/edit your documents anywhere' concept actually fulfilling a real need? Or is the whole thing just down to web devs forgetting their place?

2. Kotonoha
    Stop

@Matt Bucknall

Completely and utterly agreed.

The most popular web services always have some sort of desktop client, because so much more can be achieved than in the horribly restricted browser environment.

3. David S
    WTF?

Well...

...there's a lot to be said for the collaborative capabilities of Google Apps (and, to be honest, I'm extremely keen to have a play with Wave for the same reason) but even to me this seems a cloud too far...

Perhaps I simply don't get it. Maybe I should have another glass of kool-aid...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like