back to article Nokia phone combats domestic violence

Used or abused partners now have a new source of help, thanks to Nokia, which has launched a handset for victims of domestic violence. Nokia_2705_01 A domestic violence helpline number is pre-programmed into Nokia's 2705 The 2705 Shade has the telephone number of the National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) pre-programmed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Havin_it
    Grenade

UK.gov first in line?

I can see these being quite popular in Downing Street. Do they auto-dial when they detect having been bounced off a ministerial aide's head?

2. Seán

Marketing?

A lovely present for your wife or girlfriend to remind them that while it is good to talk, everything is best done in moderation.

3. jasonkozdra
    FAIL

The market will kill this thing

What a waste of plastic. The free market will see this concept flushed down the crapper. Oh, wait, that's right, our governments engage in protectionism for favored ideas and products!

4. adam payne
    Thumb Up

Gimmick?

It sounds like a gimmick to me but I suppose it could be useful to victims of domestic violence.

However does the number get stored on the last dialled numbers?, if so that's an issue that needs to be addressed as the victim's phone could be checked by the abuser.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like