back to article Data watchdog jacks up charges

From today large companies that collect or process personal data must pay £500 to register with the Information Commissioner's Office. The heavily increased annual charge applies to firms with a turnover of more than £25.9m and 250 or more employees. Public sector organisations with 250 or more staff must also pay. Smaller …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. deshepherd
    Happy

Yahoo link hover text

I have the reg headlines as an item on my Yahoo home page - when you hover over link you get a text "summary" which appears to be derived from the title, first line and it appears the final link to a white paper or ad. Rather amusingly for this artiicle this appears as:

Privacy costs after all From today large companies that collect or process personal data must pay £500 to register with the Information Commissioner's Office .... What's your recession sales strategy?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF ...ICO site in French...

just noticed that the ICO site is in French Spanish and Welsh

What F***wit authorised OUR money for 3 languages that are NOT those of our main trading partners

I'm off!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the register of data controllers is... NOT here

and i clicked on the link ...

http://www.ico.gov.uk/tools_and_resources/register_of_datacontrollers..

PAGE NOT FOUND = NO DATA => NO NEED FOR ME TO REGISTER

4. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

They have to pay for all the tea and muffins somehow

5. Jimmy Floyd

@Fredd

What, exactly, gave you that idea? The rest of the EU are our biggest trading partners but in reality all you could attack them for is missing German. Not sure where the merkins come in but they do at least speak a vague version of English.

6. Andy Livingstone

Site Languages

Now patiently waiting for the ICO to confirm that they thought those were the languages of the UK. Would be about their level.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like