back to article Red Hat mocks Meltdown in Q2

Commercial Linux distributor Red Hat continues to buck the economic meltdown, reporting sales up 11.7 per cent to $183.6m in the second quarter of its fiscal 2010 and net income up 36.9 per cent to $28.9m. The sales were above the high end of Red Hat's guidance. Business is so good that the juggernaut of the Linux business …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great for RedHat and it glad to hear it...

IBM buying RedHat would be interesting but if they want to emulate Sunacle/Oracsun why don't they release the source code for AIX and build their own online community?

I think that would be an eminently cool thing to do and I'll bet the dude running IBM would love the idea if it were presented to him.

....what? .......... no, you be the messanger.

2. Glen Turner 666

For IBM to buy Red Hat someone has to sell Red Hat

The problem with IBM buying Red Hat is who is going to sell their Red Hat shares to IBM. Red Hat's operating system is going gangbusters. Why would you dilute that with IBM's hardware and services, both of which are performing more poorly in the GFC?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

You go RH!

Hmm... MS losing money, Novell losing money? Maybe there's a trend here?

4. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Rise of the penguin

Looks like there is some (robust) money in "free" after all...

And IBM buyng Red Hat? Thank you, I lacked a recurring horrid nightmare, I have all the material now.

5. FreeTard
    Thumb Up

Buying Redhat makes sense

I'm just surpirsed that Dell have not done this already, they already have a cosy relationship with RH.

6. Magnethead
    Paris Hilton

@AC 01:09

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/27/novell_fq2_2009_numbers/

Explain how Novell making a profit == losing money? I'm not an accountant so maybe I misunderstood the word profit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like