back to article Facebook 'fesses to bad hair day

Any users who had trouble logging into Facebook on Monday were far from alone. The social networking website has confirmed that widespread log-in failures, application access and status message update snags were a problem on Monday - without identifying the source of the snafu - via a statement (below) published late on Monday …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve John
    Happy

The irony...

Attempting to view downrightnow.com, I a met with a connection timeout message!

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Faceache has been naff for ages

Facebook has been naff for ages! Login problems, chat issues, ajax errors. Dunno what they're up to but they've knacked what was a pretty good service.

3. northern monkey
    Thumb Up

I couldn't help but note...

...the irony of downrightnow allowing you to share the status of various web2.0 sites via the wonders of web2.0, as well as their twitter feed.

4. bikerboi87
    Thumb Down

bad hair DAY?!?

almost everybody i know has been having a large amount of problems with facebook for at least 3 months!!!!

5. Geraint Jones
    FAIL

downrightnow.com...

...appears to be, erm, down right now.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

OMFG

OMFG FB is AFU again... WTF? AWGTHTGTATA?? My life is over!

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Stop

I also have trouble logging in to FarceBook

I just can't ever bring myself to do it...

8. TeeCee Gold badge
    Badgers

Re: downrightnow.com

Presumably this is because it follows the Web 2.0 fluffery. If enough of the other things it monitors are in full on pear-shaped mode for enough time*, it has to accept that this is the will of the hive mind and shit itself in sympathy.

*Presumably with some weighting. Something like 5 minutes Tw@tter outage = 1 day of Arsebook being down the crapper = 3 years of Windows Live Spaces being hors de combat = a millenium of Orkut being fscked.

9. Anonymous Hero
    Grenade

You guys are so hip and funny

Faceache

Tw@tter

Twatter

M$

Arsebook

FartBook

Microshaft

MicroShit

...blah blah blah....

Each time I see one of these oh-so-hilarious-and-original slang names another bozo-bit is flipped.

No, you're really not funny and it makes you look like a twat.

10. Mark Rosher
    WTF?

you get what you pay for

Facebook has proved really useful, hence its current problems are more noticable. But it's free at the point of use, and generally whatever is free is worth what you pay for it. How many of the 300 million profiled users would pay a sub? Not many. Not me.

11. YumDogfood

@ An Hero

You know what to do.

/4chan

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like