back to article AMD shines light on Vision thing

With a call for chip makers to "stop talking about processors" and "start talking about usage", AMD has launched its awaited Vision brand for HD mobile computing. As expected, Vision systems will come in three forms: a plain version, Premium and, at the top of the heap, Utimate. It's a "new way to buy PCs", says AMD, but it's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Another Anonymous Coward 1

Stop talking about processors?

Can't help but feel that they wouldn't be punting that line if they had faster gear than Intel at this point in time.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Ultimate for making podcasts?

So why would you want a super-fast processor for recording audio? Obviously I couldn't have recorded audio on my 400 MHz Celeron all those years ago.

3. Glen 1
    Troll

or as we synics might say...

not good, better, best, more like -

almost unusable, not bad, and over-priced piece of crap.

4. Block

i have a vision!

heh, i think my mobile fits the bill for the first.

and how bad does a laptop have to be to not support a webcam?

silly.

5. thomas k.
    Thumb Up

already there

I guess my new Core i7 920 desktop would qualify as Ultimate as it sports an ATI HD 4650.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

@ A/C Ultimate for making podcasts?

Yup that's right, a 400mhz Celeron will easily mix down a 120 track, 60 minute piece of music

Just because you may mix a 30 stereo track doesn't mean the world does.

Now go back to school, you'll be late....

7. Peter Mc Aulay
    Thumb Down

Stop talking specs, start talking marketing fluff?

What utter rubbish.

8. Tom 106
    Thumb Down

Tried it and binned it.

Having received an email from AMD about the Fusion Vision, I proceeded to take a gander at it, became more interested, so I installed the explorer.

Once installed and ensured that my music files were showing with WMP, I nipped over to the installed Vision app but to find that no music files showing on local content. Aha, I entered the location in Vision as to where the music files are on the relevant drive, but still no music to be found.

Due to this experience, I've now binned it. I'm not one for wasting time trying to fix things especially when I've already got apps that do the job, but perhaps not as good as what AMD are making out. Anyway, I'm willing to give it another go, once it becomes more user friendly, and doesn't rely wholly on WMP and C:drive exclusively.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like