back to article Depilatory Dell debuts beard-busting laptop?

Dell is to enter the male grooming market and offer an electric shaver with its new Z-series Inspiron laptops, it would seem. Dell Inspiron 14z Dells signals move to become the Boots of IT How else can we explain the headline on the company's website: "Dell's New Inspiron 'Z' laptops prove beauty and Braun go together." …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mfraz
    Unhappy

Beard-busting?

When I saw that headline I thought they were going to release another laptop for all bearded Linux geeks. So disappointed.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

...or may be they meant Brain

looks like a typo to me. Braun iso Brain - really no brainer!

Paris 'cos she knows all about brain and beauty!

3. David Lawrence
    Happy

Your Wasting You're Thyme

Reg,

Yore way sting yore thyme.

From watt eye have scene, moast of the pee pull who reed yore on-line rag have grate

difficulty stringing a seem-pull sent tents two gether and our knot like lea to understand watt yew our banging on a bout!

Spalling? Gramma? Correct yew's of apostrophe's? Knot imp port tent in IT!!

4. Simon Buttress
    Pint

You're fired.

Those would be my words to all the people involved in such a blatant f*** up like this. Positively incompetent.

Beer, cos it's Friday.

5. Jeff Power
    Thumb Up

This is why I read the Reg.

As I said.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Oh, wait a minute,

Maybe they meant Eva Braun? Dell debuts Nazi Necrophile laptop shock horror?

7. The Unexpected Bill
    Coffee/keyboard

Hilarious

This article was great. The caption of "Bzzzzzzzzz... Ouch!" on the second photo was truly hilarious. Congrats to the author (and whatever, if any, eagle-eyed El Reg reader brought it to your attention).

It's still live on the Dell site as of 8:45 AM CDT...

8. Andy ORourke
    Happy

...or may be they meant Brain

Yep, or maybe Brawn (as in computing power?)

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Dear Dell,

Please don't let the Indian call centre or Americans update your website

kthnks

we really do need an 'epic fail' icon

(Grammer Nazis note - if my English is not perfect, dont comment, cos i aint gunna read it - get a life losers )

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

This idea

of putting an electric shaver into a portable device could be in the next iphone-killer. I can see the merit of having a quick shave before or while you take that special call

11. TRT Silver badge

Free publicity

Seems they have gained a few extra inches (of column). So it could have been deliberate.

12. Richard 102

@David Laurence

Hey, you didn't play Officer Crabtree on Allo Allo, did you?

(Goot Moaning.)

13. TrixyB
    Coffee/keyboard

Still here...

http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/press-releases/DELLS-NEW-INSPIRON-Z-LAPTOPS.aspx

Classic

14. Brian Miller

CPU fan doubles as shaving blade

No, they really mean Braun. The CPU cooling fan doubles as a shaving blade. The downside to this arrangement is that you have to run a high load on the system while grooming, and the trimmings get blown all over your face.

15. Lars Silver badge
    Happy

Outsourcing

Out sourcing, I suppose. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

16. Eugene Goodrich
    Paris Hilton

Grinds yer beans

Braun also makes some coffee equipment. And everyone knows computers and coffee go together. So there, I've solved that mystery for you. Let me know when the cheque's ready.

Paris, because she also goes with coffee, I've no doubt.

17. Doug Skranak

@David Lawrence

shore lee yew shoe'd right fir el reg.

As to the laptop, whether or not it has a brazilian it's a nice piece of kit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like