back to article Orange reckons the future's bright again

Orange UK tells us that their data network is back up and running again, and that both broadband and mobile customers should have full connectivity working now. While the outage hasn't affected every Orange customer it has left a significant number without connectivity for the whole day thanks to a combination of problems. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Sorry guys...

I was just trimming the hedge, I just thought it was a tree root, turns out it was a not very well buried fibre optic cable, whatever that is.

Last time I did this the men in black said the Pentagon escalated to DEFCON 3, whatever that is.

Still, my Robert's radio is still working, so no problem when it comes to the Archers at 7pm - and the leccy's still on, so I can have a cuppa too.

Regards, Old Man Peabody

2. Apocalypse Later

Up and running

Except for Balkberries of course.

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Broadband problem unrelated?

Bit of a coincidence isn't it?

4. Will Godfrey Silver badge

Can you say...

Single point of failure?

What kind of critical NETWORK is so massively dependent on just one cable?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Yay

I can barely wait until the expertise running the Orange network gets its hands on my T-Mobile connection. :(

6. Steven Knox
    Coat

Tell me what to think!

"We can confirm the issue was a result of vandalism to cabling infrastructure, supplied to us by a third party provider in the Heathrow area of London."

Isn't vandalism by definition supplied by a third party...?

BTW, your top headline is still about the service not working, and this newer story about it being working again looks like an older story.

7. Toastan Buttar
    Thumb Up

Back to normal

Everything went a bit pear shaped late last night but my broadband is back to its good old self again this evening. Currently hovering at about 6.5Mbps.

8. Joeykins
    Black Helicopters

Coincidence?

Seems a bit of a coincidence that a critical cable was vandalised so soon after the merger announcement...

My money is on a disgruntled Orange employee who left T-Mobile because he hated working for them, or on T-Mobile's black ops team trying to bring down the Orange share price.

9. Gulfie
    FAIL

SIngle point of failure?

C'mon guys, its not rocket science...

10. Richard Porter
    FAIL

the words "eggs" and "basket" spring immediately to mind.

One would have thought, wouldn't one, that a criticle communications link would have been duplicated via different routes?

11. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Back to normal... my ar*e!

Luckily I never totally lost connection to the net here in Torbay,

However my connection is STILL 'hovering' at around 0.13Mb/s as it was last night.. is now preventing me from using the net as I would like. Online gaming is a distant dream at the moment.

About 2 weeks ago our connection shot up to 5.5Mb/s & that stayed for a day or two.. but 0.13Mb/s for 2 days is taking the p*ss.

Next step is dial up.. WOOP WOOP!!

I'm sorry but I've had broadband for too long now & jumping backwards, this far, this quickly.. this is far less than acceptable!

I personally don't really care what the problem was... & who is to blame etc. etc. - I just want it sorted FAST!

Orange - sort the connection now for the people helping pay your wages.. sort out the no win no fee... where there's blame there's a claim rubbish afterwards!

p.s. my contract has run out & other providers are looking a whole lot more tempting right now.

Ridiculous.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like