back to article Palm introduces Pré junior

Rumours of a low-end alternative to the Pré were true, Palm has formally announced. The company has launched a junior version the Pré, called Pixi. It's essentially a smaller and less well-connected handset designed for the Twitter and IM generation. Palm_Pixi_001 Palm's Pixi: for Twitter types, not Wi-Fi fans Pixi, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. calagan

No wi-fi => Chinese Market?

Since the Chinese government doesn't like wi-fi enabled phones, maybe junior might be a good candidate to compete with the iPhone over there?

The keyboard seems more confortable than on Pre Senior

2. Rob Haswell
    Flame

What about us?

I can't believe the yanks get a new slim-Pre before we even get the first one. I'm quite upset with Palm over how they're ignoring their massive GSM market over this.

3. Paul Ross
    WTF?

yawn

I'll not get my hopes up about this being released anytime soon. Been waiting 9 months just to try a Pre. And I'm not signing up for 2 years with o2.

4. jai

makes sense

people have been banging on and on about there ought to be a smaller, cheaper iPhone - so it makes sense for Palm to target that supossed market

but - is there really a market for this level of smartphone that doesn't have wifi?

5. Mike Fish
    FAIL

Almost Too Late

Sorry Palm,

I've been waiting ages for the Palm Pre, if the N900 comes out before the Palm Pre then I'm getting the N900. I would have thought you'd learnt your lesson about how cut-throat the phone market was, obviously not.......

6. David Edwards
    Stop

Palm lost it

Palm had an "iPhone" killer about 10 years ago with every model since the old USRobitcs Palm Pilot. Unfortunatley they never put the right bits in any single model. Rubbish Multi Media, No Cameras, Dropped Graffiti and trouch Screen, Dropped big screen for keyboard etc etc.

Now I have an iPhone and it feels just like where palm were going (but never managed). Maybe android is ok too (not tried it), but palm serioulsy dropped the ball in the Smartphone world, before most people even entered it.

7. Kurt 4
    Thumb Up

iphone sucks

Looks great but I won't be trading in my Palm Pre anytime soon. iphone sucks

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like