back to article Azerbaijani donkey bloggers face seven years' jail

A pair of Azerbaijani bloggers, who posted a satirical YouTube vid featuring a donkey, face up to seven years' jail on what human rights organisations are calling trumped-up charges. Adnan Hajizade, 26, and Emin Milli, 29, are described by Amnesty International as "well-known youth activists who have used online networking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

same email as ten minutes ago, do'h

Jeez, maybe this f*cked up cuntry ( britain ) aint so bad after all.

2. Marcel Esser
    FAIL

Things like this

Things like this make me ashamed to be a member of the human race. We haven't evolved much.

3. Richard Cartledge
    Thumb Down

It must be...

where Zanu Labour and Common Purpose get their ideas from.

4. Christopher Martin
    Happy

"hooliganism carried out by a group of people"

Best. Charge. Ever?

5. James O'Brien
    WTF?

hooliganism??

If that's a real word my name is Betty White.

/Why do I have this feeling I'm going to have to rename myself?

6. Steve Brooks

20 years for MA15+ video clip!

Oh thats nothing, try this on for size.

"Queensland Police want to send a father of four to jail for up to 20 years on child-abuse charges over a video the Federal Government's own censors have classified as MA15+."

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/over-the-top-childabuse-video-rated-ma15-20090903-f95t.html

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yooffs?

"Adnan Hajizade, 26, and Emin Milli, 29"

"Azerbaijani human rights organisations agree, and have "expressed concern that the charges brought have been fabricated to punish the two youths for their online activism critical of the government".

On that scale I'm getting younger...

8. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

@James O'Brien

Good morning Betty!

A quick google returns "around 460,000" references for "hooliganism", exceeding the required threshold for it to be considered as a word, even if it's currently not, by a comfy margin.

The wibblepedia has entries for both "hooliganism" and for "football hooliganism", a term which has been around since I was a lad.

Anyone got a complete OED to quote? I suspect that James may well be filling out a Deed Poll later.....

9. Vincent Ballard

@James (with reference to Betty)

I don't have the OED, but I do have the Large Oxford English-Spanish Dictionary, which informs me that hooliganism translates as vandalismo o (in Spain) gamberrismo.

10. Dave Harris
    Headmaster

@Betty

Count the occurrences in this article to hooliganism

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/aug/29/football-hooligans-upton-park-lacey

11. LuMan
    Grenade

The next time...

..any of us decide to have a pop at our country's policies, remember how lucky we are. At least here we can air our views no matter how extreme (evidently).

12. Eden

here we can air our views

As long as they don't fall foul of extreme pr0n (pictures not included as Girls aloud have shown) or offend any minorities or expose any crime commited by our masters *sigh*

13. Alan Swartz

dict hooliganism

as simple as...

dict hooliganism

1 definition found

From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:

hooliganism

n 1: willful wanton and malicious destruction of the property of

others [syn: {vandalism}, {hooliganism}, {malicious

mischief}]

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Didn't really get it ...

.. but thought the translation was funny.

Reckon that donkey was miming though - at least the violin part anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like