back to article Netbooks took a fifth of mobile PC biz in Q2

Netbooks increased their share of the overall notebook computer market during Q2, accounting for 22.2 per cent of shipments of mobile PCs during the quarter. So says marker watcher DisplaySearch, which added that that figure was up from 17.8 per cent in Q1 and from 5.6 per cent in the Q2 2008. Given the frequency with which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert E A Harvey
    Alert

Not sure about the validity

You could have lumped microwave sales in with electric oven sales in the 1980s, and said sales of home cooking devices had gone up. But in fact most microwaves were bought by people who already had a cooker, so the sale of microwaves gave no clues at all to the health of the thermal cooker market.

I'm not sure it is valid to lump netbooks in with the rest of the "mobile market" and assume you are learning anything.

I have one, running Suse 11.1, and I use it for very different things to my flaptop. I use it as a web tablet, and as a replacement for my dab radio. And for VOIP

Perhaps sales of netbooks should be lumped in with DAB radios? or with cordless phones?

I think these numbers really mean:

* a lot of people bought into a new product category

* in other news, laptop sales are down

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like