back to article Pirate Bay site down as anchor set adrift

The Pirate Bay is out of action again 24 hours after Swedish authorities blocked the infamous BitTorrent tracker site. As we reported yesterday, TPB was taken offline after Stockholm’s district court ordered its bandwidth supplier - Black Internet - to stop serving the website’s traffic or face a penalty of 500,000 kronor (£43 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I couldn't care less

about TPB but it seems slopsbox has gone too, at least it isn't all together up and running properly.

2. Mike Hebel

It's not dead....

...it's just resting.

Mine's the one with the coconut hooves in the pocket...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Im so sad .. not

Let criminal site stay dead.

4. Dave Ross
    FAIL

So what?

TPB wasn't that good a torrent site anyway...

5. Rob Haswell
    Go

Works for me

TBP is back to freetard paradise on my virgin+local dns connection.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

It's back

They're back with the image of a T-shirt saying:

"I spent months of time

and millions of dollars

to close down The Pirate Bay

and all I'll get

is this

beautiful T-Shirt"

Apparently they are sending the t-shirt in question to 'the enemy'.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cost a lot more than a t-shirt

Seems to me the deal is a year in prison and a million dollar fine so I'd say TPB boys are paying for their arrogance and denial.

8. Alex 14
    WTF?

Back but...

Avast reckons it's hosting malware on every page. What gives?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ anon 14:29

I can see them selling at all RIAA & MPAA outlets worldwide lol

10. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Why don't you report when TPB is back up again?

You keep prematurely reporting the death of the site, but don't seem quite as keen to report when it gets resurrected each time.

Why is that?

11. Jason 57
    FAIL

Doesn't change anything.

Speaking in regard to movies and film...

They shut one down, and dozens more spring to replace it. The entire thing is just so much wasted time and corporate stupidity, and no matter which 'side' you happen to support the only outcome seems to be obvious. You can't stop the entire world from sharing with each other unless you become very brutal, and in doing so you only provide the detractors more ammunition and momentum in the public opinion (aka create a martyr). The only way to stop rampant sharing is to make a product that is more desirable, and obviously the standard of twenty something dollars for a mass reproduced CD is no longer desirable.

The fact of the matter is current copyright standards and distribution methods have failed to adapt (due in part to lack of foresight and innovation from the **AA organizations) while the world and the way people communicate and share culture, art and media has changed drastically and permanently. The middle men are quickly being made defunct and their little lock box (complete control and dictation of distribution methods and price) have been smashed open.

They need to change or they face the death of their reign as an industry staple. Things like region restriction, delayed/withheld global release dates, unreasonable prices in the face of cheaper production and replication and overall contempt for the fans who support them have brought us to where we are today. Lets face facts, the majority public opinion seems to be that sharing and downloading is somewhat justifiable, and the RIAA and MPAA have an image of being little more than corporate terrorists and mafia cartels due to their incompetent handling of a paradigm shift in communication and technology.

I don't see those changes happening, in fact I think the current stupidity will continue until the organizations currently responsible for the entrenchment and continued life support of a system which is already dead will continue until the entire thing becomes gangrenous and rots from within, making way for people who have to will and insight to innovate and address the currently under-served market.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Up and working

The site seems live enough to me

This topic is closed for new posts.