back to article Microsoft unhappy with Google DoubleClick marriage

Microsoft is calling for regulator action to stop Google and DoubleClick merging, saying the deal would be anti-competitive if it went through. The software giant's general counsel Brad Smith, who has acted for Microsoft in various anti-competition cases, told Reuters: "This proposed acquisition raises serious competition and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charles Hammond

Monopoly Complaining?

How does this Giant Monopoly called Microsoft think it has the right to complain about a merger of another company?

How many companies have they purchased or taken over?

2. adnim

pot & kettle....

I laughed out loud when I saw the headline.

What barefaced audacity

3. SImon Hobson Bronze badge

Pot, Kettle, ...

Hmm, Microsoft complaining about other companies being anti-competitive. Now if that isn't the pot caling the kettle black I don't know what is.

4. Edward Pearson

Ironic...

Pot, meet kettle.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mmmm .... sour grapes!

"Microsoft is calling for regulator action to stop Google and DoubleClick merging, saying the deal would be anti-competitive if it went through."

You wouldn't believe how much this tickled my sense of schadenfreude ... maybe MS should get its own house in order before telling other people how to run theirs.

Does anyone know what Ballmer's reaction was? :-)

6. Jim Cosser

Jilted Microsoft

So Jilted Microsoft annoyed at being outbid decides to call the kettle black? Im sure little old Microsoft has never feared a bit of competition.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I would

If I was slapped on the wrist for stealing milk then some of the other big boys did the same without getting the same reprimand then I'd be peeved off too.

8. Karl Lattimer

Beware, critical mass is about to be observed

Ballmer must be going nuclear at this, chair chucking, thats nothing! when the big guy goes green nothing can stop his furniture wrath...

Who the f**k uses windows live anyway? Google == Multivac ;) This level of hypocrisy is rarely found outside of religious institutions.

9. Shaun

fair play to them

MS have enough experience of complainants winning anti-competitive lawsuits by now, they may as well give it a shot

10. Kevin Hall

Be careful what you wish for

Although I'm not defending Microsoft, I think gloating over this isn't very intelligent. It's clear to anyone that there are all the signs that Google will become another monopoly where if it turns out anything like Microsoft you'll find 96% of all advertising revenue going to Google and everyone else fighting for the crumbs. The implication that Google is some kind benevolent force is absolutely laughable, what do you think they are? Some kind of workers co-op? The anyone-but-Microsoft dialectic will just replace one tyranny with another.

11. Steve

I laughed so hard...

... a little bit of wee came out :-)

Google/Doubleclick is surely an unholy alliance, and probably worthy of some regulatory attention, but to hear MS complain about anti competitive practice is just so damn surreal that I had to check that wasn't an April Fool that I had missed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like