back to article Fresh effects for Cocoa apps

I've decided to delve into Apple's CoreGraphics framework, to explore some of its undocumented features. Using these routines, you can add all sorts of wondrous effects to your Cocoa applications. I ought to begin by saying that I'm claiming no originality for the undocumented nuggets. If you trawl Google, you'll find similar …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mister Cheese
    FAIL

*slap*

The penalty for using undocumented code features is...?

2. Dave Jewell

RE: slap

Yeah, yeah, I know. Large hairy warts will grow all over my body, my gonads will drop off, etc, etc. Please see the standard disclaimer earlier in the series. Pretty please, Mr. Cheese! ;-)

Dave

3. Tom Chiverton 1
    Boffin

*face palm*

Why on earth is anyone, including you, makeing their own funny little edits and changes and then just sticking the new file up anywhere they like, rather than, say, having a central version controlled version ?

4. Dave Jewell

RE: face palm

Non sequitur, Tom. Nobody is editing or changing anything. If you don't understand the purpose of the article, then why comment?

Dave

5. Dave Jewell

RE: face palm

Sorry Tom. Just got my brain in gear and realised you're probably talking about the header file with all the undocumented stuff inside it. Yeah, it would be nice to have someone be the owner of it, and apply some version control, but at the moment everyone -- me included -- seems to have their own version.

Dave

6. Nicholas Smith

RE:Re: Face Palm

Could of course put it on github and try and get people to collaborate on it, but of course it might just turn the world inside out if more people start using undocumented features.

This topic is closed for new posts.