back to article Adobe patches 'critical' flaws in ColdFusion, JRun

Adobe Systems has released updates that patch vulnerabilities in two widely used web development applications, several of which let attackers steal sensitive data or take complete control of users' machines. In all, the patches fix seven flaws in versions 8.0.1 and earlier of ColdFusion and JRun 4.0. The most serious of them …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Cold what?!

Is that thing still going? I thought we left it in the 90s along with Netscape and Java applets.

2. pjnola

Finally a fix for ColdFusion

"Adobe today addressed a longstanding flaw in the ColdFusion web application development product, announcing that ColdFusion applications are no longer required to be written using ColdFusion."

3. asdf
    FAIL

another adobe security fail

I bet Adobe has world wide this year caused more computers to get rooted than any other software maker include M$. They have an even worse attitude towards their users in just about every way as well. Funny even M$ doesn't believe they are so big they can safely ignore security concerns but Adobe believes it. I am glad I am not a shareholder because I see a big bag of hurt coming there way soon.

4. Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face

in defence of CF...

Having tried PHP, ASP.NET and CF, I would use CF any day. It's highly intuitive, seriously quick to dev in, and these days, pretty feature rich. The open source clones (BlueDragon, Smith, Railo) deal with the cost issue.

5. Richard Stubbs
    Flame

Are you bashing CFML or Adobe's ColdFusion?

1)Write your app: its open http://www.opencfml.org/

CFML as a web programming language is superb, its intuitive, has full range of functions you can't beat it for rapid development and of everything I have had to programme webapps in, you can get it done quicker with CFML and write a whole lot lees code to get it done! - if you need something more complex in your app then dip out and call some Java code! thers also loads of web frameworks to utilise

2)Choose your CFML engine , ColdFusion, Railo, BlueDragon etc

3) You then have a choice on what application server you want to run it on Tomcat, JBoss, webshpre, Glassfish

Haven't run a CFML webapp on a Windows server since about 2003!

6. Samuel Williams
    Coat

Wow, ColdFusion gets a mention

Didn't think I'd ever see a CF story in the wider community: it's so much of a niche these days (at least in Blighty). Three cheers for it though!

Mine's the one with the Allaire logo...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like