back to article Facebook acts to soothe red-faced Redhillians

For the second time in just over a year, an outbreak of malicious gossip has inspired red-faced apoplexy in the residents of leafy Redhill in Surrey. The immediate cause of their anger was a Facebook profile – "Goss Ip Redhill" – apparently dedicated to the publication of lewd rumours about the sexual behaviour of various …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Glamorous?

"Glamorous teen socialites"?

There is nothing "glamorous" about teenagers. They are a repulsive group of half-caterpillar / half moth people with too much greasy skin and hormones to operate as a fully functioning human being. They may have many things, but glamour isn't amongst them.

Paris - because she's successfully inspired a generation of bottle-blonde talent-vacuums that the only talent you need in life is the ability to wear sunglasses designed for somebody with a much bigger head.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

Redhillians

"Despite its outwardly respectable appearance, Redhill is infamous for having been home to occultist Aleister Crowley, train robber Ronie Biggs, and outspoken Tory Minister, Edwina Currie."

Thats a celebrity death match I'd like to see.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Leafy Redhill?? You must be joking.

Reigate is the upmarket mummies in 4x4s town in that part of the world. Redhill is a 1960s uglified chav central dump.

4. Greenman
    WTF?

Greenman

Never mind the girly gossip. Leafy Redhill? Is that irony?

5. David Perry 2
    Go

Redhill

My ex came from there - very nice parents, shame she did something screwed up - so they can slag off the town all they like as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, she was a teenager (and I work on the principle of very few teenage girls can be trusted to be rationale)...

6. Paul Charters

Errr...respectable?

Redhill is a horrible dive full of alcoholic 15-year-olds. Where did you ever get the idea that it was ever viewed as repectable?

....and this isn't gossip - it's from experience... you can never say anything too 'gossipy' about someone under 25 in Redhill.

7. ChrisJ
    Pint

Oh glorious, leafy Redhill

Let's be fair to Redhill here, of all the words you could use to describe the town "leafy" is not really the most accurate. Now "chav spawning ground" on the other hand is far closer to the truth.

Also, why "Redhillian" and not "Redhillite" or "Redhiller"? Maybe there should be a facebook group to decide and discuss the important goings-on in the area. Oh wait...

8. AlistairJ

It would never happen in Reigate

Much better class of folk on the west side of towns, dontcha know ;p

Margot Fontein?

9. Rob Daglish
    Thumb Up

Well, it deserves all it gets...

"Despite its outwardly respectable appearance, Redhill is infamous for having been home to occultist Aleister Crowley, train robber Ronie Biggs, and outspoken Tory Minister, Edwina Currie."

Aleister Crowley, fine.

Ronnie Biggs, fine.

Edwina Currie means you deserve all you get I'm afraid.

10. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Redhill is not the ghetto

Crawley is (well compared to Redhill) :)

...compared to many places in the UK Redhill is leafy, just not as leafy as Reigate where the leaf growth is boosted by all the 4x4s.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like