back to article Twitter briefly knocked offline by hackers (again)

Twitter suffered from yet more security jitters on Tuesday night, after another attack left the site briefly unavailable. The outage lasted only about 30 minutes, from about 2020 (BST) and was far less severe than an attack last Thursday that took out the site for around two hours and left it offering impaired services for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gary F

Twitter is brain dead

Have they not heard of clustering? If they ran several instances of their app over several clusters then it would be extremely difficult for it to go offline. Surely their popularity has bought fresh investment to do something about their poor reliability image.

Personally I don't see why any relatively busy person would use Twitter. It's a waste of time unless you happen to have a lot of spare time to suffocate under everyone else's trivial tweets which are often as brain numbing as watching Big Brother or as pretentious as a woman's gossip magazine. However, I'm sure there are perfectly good examples of how Twitter can be used as a legitimate tool to enhance an existing application or process. Answers on a postcard...

2. Bilgepipe
    Gates Horns

So What?

Oh wow, Twitter went down again. I wondered why the whole world came to a standstill... </sarcasm>

3. Chris Dupont
    Troll

Too true

Who has time to Twitter when there are El Reg comments to be written and read?

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

What's the net speed of an unladen Twitter?

Spasmodic?

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Offlining Twitter

Is this something we can do when we feel like it, or is there a queue?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow!

You think by now they would have covered up there security flaws. They should be having security audits right now to find all of their holes. There is also a new security product called Xybershield which protects against hackers. It's a very cool product if you have not heard about it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like