back to article Head shop rolls out disk size roadmap

By January 2010 we should be seeing 620GB 2.5-inch and 2.5TB 3.5-inch hard disk drives, according to head manufacturer TDK Corporation. A presentation to financial analysts, including Stifel Nicolaus' Aaron Rakers, contained a roadmap for hard disk drive (HDD) read/write heads which TDK manufactures for some HDD suppliers. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. phoenix
    Troll

Wow Thrilling

I don't know about you but thats really thrilling!!!

2. exit...quit...bye...quitbye.ctrl-C..ctrlX.ctrl-alt-X...aarrrr*slam*
    Pint

300GB. 15k. SAS DP.

want. Now.

and I need several hundred.

3. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Unhappy

Storage will never be sexy

That is all.

4. Alfonso Vespucci

If only they'd put a bit more effort...

...into storage media earlier

I might have been able to fit "The Lamb" on an SA90.

Damn your stretchy SA120s. Damn them all to Hell.

5. Chris 12
    Heart

So that's what they're doing now...

TDK cassette's were fandabulous. I used to buy their SA90's by the truckload. I've still got them somewhere, but my tapedeck's not been unpacked since our last move 3 years ago! </nostalgia>

6. Jerome 0
    Coat

Head shop?

Anyone else have visions of a certain type of smoking supplies shop selling little circular maps of the local area? Oh, just me then? Er, okay, pass me my kaftan.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Phew!

Was wondering how my storage setup was going to cope once 3D HD pron started!

8. OmniCitadel
    Troll

... Head shop in the us

Head Shops in the US are places you go to get pot smoking accessories and high end tobacco (not cigars, not cigarettes)

9. Charles 9

What I'm wondering is...

...how tight can they pack it before they hit the size floor when quantum and molecular physics make it tricky to shrink any further? Memory chips and CPUs are already getting close to that floor. Anyone know how close hard drives are to the floor?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@charles

Depends if they are in a rack , on the dektop or grabbing dust off the floor.

11. Pete 8
    Paris Hilton

That will please

...the govt lepers who will need all that extra space for storing all our pr0n, phone calls, and twattery

Paris, because even though she is small form factor, she knows size is status.

This topic is closed for new posts.