back to article iTablet to be called iProd?

Reports that Apple may be developing a tablet PC are nothing new, with many convinced that the device will be called the iTablet. However, uncovered Apple software code has since revealed that the rumoured gadget may have a slightly weirder name. iprod_01 Could the iTablet really be called the iProd? Credit: ars technica …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Typo?

Are they really stupid enough to call something a cattleprod and expect people to still buy it? I suppose if Nintendo can call their console Urinate in English-speaking countries and still trounce the competition out of sight, then Apple use a name that will remind most people of prodding a disgusting or dead object.

Or.. it's an in-house name developers are using for a library that may or may not have something to do with a future device.

Or it's a typo. They happen.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Prod

Prod is also short for "Product" which is a nice generic word that doesn't give anything away.

3. Ivan Headache

Tallies -

with my post at the end of the "tablet spooks" thread.

(paraphrased) There is currently on one 'consumer' portable from apple - this an unusual state of affairs for Apple.

I was guessing that there would be 2 versions of the iWhatever prices at the consumer end in order to restore the 3 consumer 3 pro status quo.

4. Annihilator

iProd - around for a while?

I'm sure the iProd was mentioned in the beta versions of the OS3.0 upgrade. Have I fallen into a temporal distortion?

Back then it was generally assumed that Tony's on the money - a generic 'Prod'uct placeholder

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iProd

iProd means the "production" version, just like iFPGA means a prototype version based on FPGA (instead of the final ASIC).

No news here...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like