back to article Vodafone UK revenue down in Q1

Vodafone UK saw a 4.7 per cent fall in first quarter revenue despite good growth in data services. The company said price competition, reduced discretionary spending and "higher prepaid inactivity" were to blame. Revenue across Europe fell 4.8 per cent to £7.45bn. In the UK Vodafone turned over £1.186bn compared to £1.234bn in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey, I've got a great idea!

They could employ some people whose job it would be to look after customers. That would reduce their churn! They could call it customer service!

Hmmm, I should patent this idea...

2. Mark Roberts
    FAIL

query their firmware policy

If you're looking to join Vodafone - ask them what their policy is on releasing new firmware and dont get caught out.

Been stuck with a dodgy N96 since October where Nokia have released 4 new updates and Vodafone wont release any of them or explain why. You can of course use the Nokia firmware by debranding your phone, but this kills your warranty.

Once my contract is up, the churn rate will be higher still.

3. Barton71
    FAIL

Poor Selection of Handsets

A major complaint on the Vodafone help forums is the poor selection of handsets available from Vodafone, which is causing people to desert Vodafone on favour of other networks.

I have been entitled to an upgrade for about a week now, and there is really nothing that they are offering that i want. O2, T-Mobile and Orange seem to have scooped up all the latest and best handsets, including the HTC Hero, and the Palm Pre, leaving Vodafone with very little.

Even with the handsets they do offer, the deals are not exactly fantastic. You can get better handsets, with the same benefits, for the same price or less, on the other networks.

Unless Vodafone has something exciting to offer by the time my contract is up in September, i will be following some of the posters on the official Vodafone forum, and moving on to a network which is offering a good range of handsets.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Firmware updates

It is well worth talking to their e-forum team with regards to any issues you may have, they have sorted out loads of issues for me.

The trick is to include FIT135 in the body of your email to customer services (via the website) - this routes it to the e-forum team. Or go to the e-forum via their website.

Perhaps they can help you with the 'dodgy N96' ?

For the record, I have no connection with Vodafone except as a normal paid up customer!

5. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Flame

Burn Rate

Got to love that churn rate. Vodafuckers. Burn in hell.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like