back to article Adobe peels off Flash layers for open source

Adobe Systems has open-sourced two pieces of Flash technology to build community buy-in around its media player. Today, the company announced the release of the Open Source Media Framework (OSMF) and Text Layout Framework (TLF) under version 1.1 of the Mozilla Public License. TLF is an ActionScript library that's been built …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm...

Call me when they have bothered to compile flash for PPC Linux and I'll think about giving them credit then.

Yes, it is a sore point...

2. Chronos
    Thumb Up

Hmm...

"software components that plug into Flash players, in areas such as ads, user measurement, tracking" <snip>

Thanks for the confirmation, Adobe. Now I *know* I was right to link my ~/.macromedia and ~/.adobe to /dev/null. I shall create a simple little script tomorrow to do the self-same thing in every user /home directory and Samba profile on the network, cron it in case I miss any new users in the future and, since DOM storage is disabled network-wide, you can then stuff your and anyone else's supercookies where the sun don't shine.

You guys have a really nice day now, hear?

3. Tom Chiverton 1

@Fraser

The full Flash Player 10 is on mobile devices later this year.

4. Quirkafleeg
    Pint

@Chronos

Fine, do that for existing users; but for new ones, putting the links in /etc/skel (or whatever SKEL in /etc/adduser.conf is set to) should be sufficient.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like