back to article Medical cannabis app rolls out on iPhone

The continuing insanity of US cannabis law comes to the iPhone, with an application that will find the nearest dispenser of medicinal cannabis, along with a handy database of attorneys in case you get pulled carrying. The application, which is already in the iTunes store, costs $3 and searches on the basis of a city or ZIP …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Greg J Preece

iThinkYouNeedToKnockThisShitOff

This iNonsense has gone too far. iMedicinalCannabis? Give it a rest. Not every application in the app store has to start with an i, surely?

2. EddieD

Why always with the Netherlands...

I know, the coffee shops, the whole "Adult Theme Park" ambience in Amsterdam - but it's illegal in the Netherlands, and the status is "tolerate). Dope is legal (for consumption, not sale) in Spain and Switzerland though (although Switzerland is re-considering this). Not as easy to come by, but not tricky.

And no stupid British tourists, saying "Gosh, aren't I cool?", which must rank as one of the strongest definitions of the word "No" available.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

And the UK version

is called the iDodgyDealerBarstardWhosHikedPricesPastTheNorm

(Troll icon cause he looks like he's had a bit of Reefer Madness)

4. Laurent_Z
    Boffin

Reefer Madness !

I love this movie. The courage of this man, marijuaned to the gills, and he can still stand up to kill people, when a normal smoker would just let it drop because it is too much hassle to get up...

BTW, you should know that in Spain, Switzerland and some parts of Germany it is legal to buy. In Switzerland they actually have coffe-bars, but you can only buy if you have a Switz National ID. One more incentive, it seems.

5. Camilla Smythe

Not worth it...

Unless they identify sources close to shops selling Squeezy Marmite/Squeezy Mayonnaise and Cereal Breakfast Products.

NumNumNum... or so I have been told.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Too much hassle..

Stupid laws in most countries means that medically prescribed ganja is too much hassle to get anyway.. and as for coffee shops, well I suppose that means Amsterdam, but as the author says they are sadly a dwindling institution. Gone are the days of making Neder Hash with the best of the best supplied by the owners of the city's award winning plants (one bong load and a friend of mine got lost going home in a town he lived in for 20 years following the same route to my home he'd been using for 15).

Portugal, now there's a progressive country - or at least it was when I left for the colonies and I hear Spain is still equally enlightened. Switzerland seems more likely to be going the way of England and losing it's decriminalised status because lawmakers seem hell bent on preserving some sort of hypocritical moral law. Can't make that legal, too many people enjoy it and that just wouldn't be right and you won't get into Heaven.

I've always asked why Heaven has a gate. If Heaven is a gated community doesn't that mean the neighbourhood is gone to hell?

7. lukewarmdog
    Badgers

iMunchies

A sister app showing you where to stock up on late night snack foods is desperately needed.

8. Hud Dunlap
    Black Helicopters

But it is still against Federal law

Possesing and selling Pot is still against Federal law. The Obama administration can change this very easily by passing a bill that changes the status of pot from no medcinal use to some medicinal use. The fact that he has not done so is one reason I have no use for his administration. He is expecting Federal Law Enforcement to ignore law breakers to get votes instead of taking the meaningless level of politcal heat to get the law changed.

Either we are going to get Prohipbtion era levels of gang activity moving pot around or a lot of well meaning people are going to end up in the federal pen.

9. disgruntled yank

Amsterdam

Adding a whole new meaning to Dutch Treat, no?

10. kain preacher

New app

iNarc and iJail.

11. kain preacher

Hud Dunlap

"The Obama administration can change this very easily by passing a bill that changes the status of pot from no medcinal use to some medicinal use."

Really,cause I thought its congress that has write the law, pass it then , president signs off on it. Glad to know the president can do any thing with out congress.

12. James O'Brien
    WTF?

So umm

When are we going to see 'Steve' who is usually found at the corner of 76th and 175th around the hours of midnight and 4am chatting with his homies on this app?

How about Jaquan the friendly gang banger found at 7th and Lincoln? He drives a black Escalade with 24 inch spinners?

Sighs, whats next iHooker? Only legal in Nevada but we wont tell?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

New saying

Its my new saying to all my weekend p*ss up friends that get w*nkerd and fight each other cause its allowed, love there reasoning "weeds for hippys", like a hippy ever caused the sort of problems most A&E departments see every weekend.

"I'd rather be Bob Marley than Geroge Best."

14. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

i

don't need this app as iHaveWeedAlready =] dodgy back don't you know....

15. Pri
    Happy

@kain preacher

"Glad to know the president can do any thing with out congress."

Ah, so that explains the last 8 years then...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like