back to article Brazilian airline takes off in Second Life

Brazilian airline TAM has announced it will offer free virtual flights in saddo paradise Second Life, Reuters reports. The airline said yesterday the jaunts will set off from Berrini Island - where avatars will be greeted by "a virtual pilot and a flight attendant" - to islands called England, Milan, New York and Paris. A …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alastair McKinstry

Queuing in SL?

Hmm,

Does this mean I can have my Avatar do all my queuing and

hanging about in Airports for me? I wish.

2. Eric

Setting the framework for a virtual 9/11...

...and then a virtual TSA that would be slower than dial-up?

3. JP

England as an entire destination?

Is there an airport for "England"? I mean, You can fly TO Paris, Milan or New York, but to just have a destination called "England"?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Security

Do you get to be treated like $hite by jumped up virtual security guards as well?

Are virtual liquids and virtual nail clippers allowed on board?

And when do you think we'll get the first air accident wiping out hundred of saddos?

I really don't think they have thought this through!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let the smarmy virtual terrorism begin!

So who wants to start a pool on when the first avatar named "Osama Bomb-Laden" or "Luggage Bin Laden" queues up for his free flight? Or when the first saddo on a flight who goes into virtual convulsions because he was supposedly exposed to virtual peanut residue when he has a vitual allergy to said goobers?

The possibilities for saddo intransigence cloaked as cleverness are endless.....

This topic is closed for new posts.