back to article Anti-Sec spoof threatens s'kiddie mayhem

Pranksters have latched onto Anti-Sec's quixotic crusade against full disclosure of security vulnerabilities by impersonating the group in a threat to unleash an OpenSSH exploit. The impersonators threatened to release details of an unpatched vulnerability in OpenSSH, followed by worm code hours later. A post on a full …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

The Anonymous Collective declares....

"Whether Anti-Sec reciprocates these feelings remains unknown but we'd suggest the odds are against it. "

What? Why? Both the pranksters and the originals look like they are a spawn of /b/, so they would get right along.

2. Stephen Gray
    FAIL

In English please

Are all these "hacker" fucktards illiterate? Come back when you can actually use the English language.

3. Eponymous Cowherd
    Coat

Skiddies?

Is that because they can't wipe properly?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

anti-sec are skiddies?

I conclude that full-disclosure is starting to hurt the black market trade in vulnerabilities, hence anti-sec (accurately named I think) trying to stop full disclosure.

5. Jez Lawrence

tautology-tastic

"The prank illustrates the potential pitfalls of an anonymous internet campaign on the web."

as opposed to an internet campaign... somewhere else? Is this like having a road rage incident on a road?

Next you'll be claiming people who comment on articles are a bit pedantic...

6. Graham Dawson Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

@Eponymous Cowherd

No, it's because they're a bunch of little sh... ow-offs.

7. Svein Skogen
    FAIL

Minor Correction

The correct name for this pest is "Kiddiots", not "Script Kiddies" or (worse) "s'kiddies". Kiddiots.

//Svein

8. Peyton
    Coat

@tautology-tastic

"Internet" could be what the campaign is for, and the web could be its location (as opposed to masked people picketing outside Anti-Sec offices), in which case, it would not be a tautology.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Don't give weev anymore attention, please.

The New York Times article was his proverbial jumping of the shark. Please don't feed the trolls.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hackers on steroids? Oh shi-

I doubt that is /b/, but more likely some other bunch of wannabes. Doesn't smell right. For instance, /b/ would have dropped a meme into their posts there, something like "I think Anti-Sec is a pretty cool guy, eh gets trolled by skiddies and doesn't afraid of anything". I'd suspect it's maybe Something Awful or perhaps lulznet...

11. Tam Lin

@Jez; The web is the internet?

Damn, the eighties and early nineties with Archie and Veronica, spam-free email and newsgroups, ftp &c seemed so vivid ... and I don't even take drugs.

PS - next time just write ME TOO!! to identify yourself, and we can fill in the rest.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like