back to article David Bowie to appear in Doctor Who?

David Bowie will appear as an "evil alien abductor" in a two-part Doctor Who special, the Sun reports. Bowie, 60, has reportedly agreed to "cross swords" with the Time Lord after being approached by Who chiefs impressed with his 2006 outing as an inventor in The Prestige. There are no details of the storyline, apart from the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Fawcett

And Alas, It's Not True....

The report's been denied unfortunately:

"Indeed it will surprise many of his fans, as the whole story is as much news to them as it is to him. David Bowie is not planning to star in Dr Who and the whole story is "absolute tish and tosh". "

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/index.php?id=20070829

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not true

This had been dismissed on Bowie's own site www.davidbowie.com. It's a nice idea but I don't think he's interested.

3. chuckufarley Silver badge

If I might suggest an alterative...

Why not get a REAL alein to star in Bowie's place? Keith Richards might be available and casting him the role could save the show a mint in costly makeup.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Sun are idiots

They are always coming up with this sort of Doctor Who related tripe. For once, I wish they would report some facts. Still, they get rumour out faster than the Beeb decide to confirm/deny things. I love Doctor Who, and I wish the Sun would stop mucking about.

5. Colin Morris

The Sun? Trusted News Source

Since when did any story that appeared as an 'exclusive' only in The Sun and that has the verification of an 'inside source' been known to be reliable information?

I think you boys at el Reg need to realise the following

Sun exclusive + insider source = probably b*llocks

I know there is a question mark at the end of the subject line for the story but there really is nothing to report here unless there is official confirmation...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tish and tosh.

I knew it was complete bollocks when I read "Bowie said he'd be interested as long as he's not subjected to hours of disfiguring make-up." . I've seen the cover of Aladdin Sane.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

a shock to us all

that the whole of the next series is going to be set on earth as well.

8. Steve Evans

An inside source?

That would be the source inside the toilet cubicle next to the author who had no story and a deadline to meet.

9. Tim

The sun

"Since when did any story that appeared as an 'exclusive' only in The Sun and that has the verification of an 'inside source' been known to be reliable information?"

Actually, though they're not always right, they have been a number of times on Doctor Who stories (or partly right).

10. Ian Ferguson

No makeup?

Has anyone ever seen Bowie when he HASN'T been subjected to hours of make-up first? Maybe they've got it the wrong way round; he's refused to do it because they wanted to show his natural face. Makes me shudder to think of it.

11. Barry

Re: The sun

"Actually, though they're not always right, they have been a number of times on Doctor Who stories (or partly right)."

(or a little bit right)

(or similar to being right)

(or knew someone who was right once)

(or... oh hell, it's b*llocks)

At least they spell Doctor and Who correctly.

12. Peter

How about Colin Baker

I think he looks like jabba the hut these days :-O

13. Snert Lee

Other commitments

Everyone knows Bowie's role as leader of the Guild of Calamitous Intent and cleaning up the problems created by Phantom Limb doesn't leave him time to do things as trivial as appear on television.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is unacceptable.....

David Bowie will not be coming........

We are upset......

You must not survive....

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Signed

A. Dalek

15. Daniel Kay

'tis a Crystal, nothing more...

Anyone who remembers his appearance in Labyrinth will know that he's surely too busy playing with his crystal balls to make an appearance...

This topic is closed for new posts.