back to article Verizon plays handset exclusivity games with US Congress

In a predictable attempt to deflect government scrutiny with a near meaningless policy change, Verizon Wireless has announced that its handset-exclusively deals will expire after six months for all wireless carriers serving fewer than 500,000 users. To wit, Verizon handset pacts will still prevent its three largest competitors …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Exclusive handsets from Verizon?

I wasn't aware they've carried exclusive handsets that anyone would care about.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Temporal Control hits a Speed Bump on a Negative Off Camber Curve

"I wasn't aware they've carried exclusive handsets that anyone would care about." .... By Anonymous Coward Posted Friday 17th July 2009 21:56 GMT

The situation has nothing to do with exclusive handsets at all, for that is a red herring, it is about trapping networking wireless customers to Executive Rigged Content Supply and keeping them in the Dark about Robust Enabling Access Protocols to the TCP/IP Stack Waiting.... for that is where Future Information and Better Beta Intelligence waits for Co-ordinated Delivery to Maximise Insider Returns on the MetaDataBases discovered.

In simple analogous terms, feeding customers with genetically modified produce at the expense of natural produced fibre. Ye Olde Snake Oil trick for Filthy Lucre from a Captive Paying Market from a Spiv practicising Use and Undoubted Abuse at Big Boy Jessie Monopoly Controls. And it is also similar to the De Beer's way of Selling Diamond Parcels.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

benefit consumers?

Please, I've just had lunch and now I've had a throw up in the back of my throat.

4. IR
    Alien

How odd is it to agree with amanfromMars?

Most of Verizon's efforts are actually to lock down handsets so you have to use their pay systems that rip you off for everything. You can't hook the phone up to a PC to upload or download pictures, music, ringtones, even to charge via the USB socket. It is crippleware, forcing you to use their Vcast service to pay $$ if you want anything more than the factory defaults.

As someone who only uses their phone to make/receive calls, I'm not bothered enough to fork out for a new ringtone, although I would have liked to stick a bit of my own music on there. Still, Verizon have the best coverage in the country, exclusives mean nothing to people who just want to make calls without losing the signal, or even worse dropped calls.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like