back to article Vodafone cranks up 3G data rates for autumn

Vodafone will be pushing its HSDPA network to a possible 7.2Mb/sec download speed and introducing HSUPA to increase uploading to a possible 1.44Mb/sec, during the autumn as it tries to boost corporate data usage. HSUPA (High Speed Upload Packet Access) is the partner to HSDPA, and has been promised for a while. T-Mobile and 3 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Avoid integrated HSDPA cards..

So you buy a new laptop with a built in HSDPA card and then Vodafone come up with this. The article reckons "a couple of ExpressCards initially". Stick to USB modems I reckon... at least Dell are integrating 802.11n cards (for a modest premium).

2. Scott Mckenzie

Dell

Whatever advantage offered by the Dell is surely negated by the sheer fact of owning a Dell though?

I do agree on ignoring integrated ones mind... the USB add on from Vodafone works great for me, on both Mac and PC

3. Andrew Woodvine

What's wrong with intergrated cards?

The 7.2Mb/sec is still using HSPDA, even if the intergrated HSDPA can't manage this speed now the only thing stopping it the firmware, and I would expect that they will release updated firmware allowing for the incrased speed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like