back to article Zero-day fixes star in MS Patch Tuesday

Microsoft released six bulletins - three covering critical flaws - on Tuesday as part of its monthly Patch Tuesday update cycle. The releases address two unpatched zero bugs (involving DirectShow and Microsoft Video) that have become the target of hacking attacks over recent weeks but offers only mitigation against a problem …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Glazing Windows with AI Panes is a Virtual Futures Option for Investment

"We can, however, anticipate a more complete patch for ActiveX later, since today's update from Microsoft only issues a killbit on the ActiveX control."

I admire your Optimism and ITs Hubris.

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    FAIL

MS Update "nothing needed for XP"

As of 6:45 CST in the US Microsoft Update is saying that no high-priority updates are available for XP.

Am I lucky or what!

3. mark darwen
    WTF?

well a big thanks for that update

another forced reboot over night to my work rig following said updates and a day of photoshop font errors and glitches and proggy crashes.... TYVFM

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Happy days are here again...not!

What **** for brains at MS issued these patches? For the first time since the bad old days of Win 95 I have had to back patches out because of chronic instability after applying them. My Vista Ultimate (no jokes, please) system has crashed four times today. Now I've backed the patches out, normal service has been resumed.

5. SaneCentral
    Pint

Am I just lucky, or whay?

Just got my shiny new 3GHz AMD X4 assembled and running today.

After doing the reboot shuffle getting Vista Ultimate all patched and

happy... I read this article. Amazingly enough, all works ok (so far).

We'll see what happens when I install some apps (fingers, arms toes, eyes, and legs crossed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like