back to article Italian bride's bouquet downs ultralight

An Italian wedding reception ended badly when the bride's bouquet downed an ultralight aircraft, the Corriere della Sera reports. The happy couple had tasked pilot Luciano Nannelli, 61, with dropping the floral display on eager bridesmaids lined up at the do in Montioni Park, Suvereto. However, when passenger Isidoro Pensieri …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven 23
    Coffee/keyboard

I know I shouldn't laugh...

but by god thats funny!

2. It wasnt me

weddings eh?

My advice would be : keep it simple.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But did anyone catch it?

I've seen women fight to grab the bouquet, so it would not surprise me to see someone (my girlfriend, for example) vault a hedge and chase down a crashing aircraft in order to make the catch.

Anonymous for obvious reasons.

4. lee harvey osmond

bouquet not tossed by the bride then?

Tsk. So these bold aviators got tasked with some martial, beg pardon marital weaponeering, and got brought down by their own ordnance? Very poor.

Mind you, if this incident had involved a proper surface-to-air bouquet, I suppose that might have encouraged the Taliban to grow flowers other than poppies.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Hmmmm

Does this mean the two dudes in the microlight will be getting married soon?

Welcome to the 21st Century.

6. Stevie

Bah!

Where's the spunk in today's middle aged? Back in the 1960s they would have dragged the bits together under the searing desert sky and fabricated a *new* plane from them, then flown to safety.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the words of the great Homer Simpson...

DOH!

8. Graham Bartlett
    Black Helicopters

Oops

Links on the web (in Italian) say it was an autogiro, and typically they have pusher props. You don't have to be too clever to figure out what's going to happen to anything you throw out of the plane when you've got a pusher prop behind you. Well, I guess you do have to be more clever than these Eyeties.

Still, score one for flight safety in that area, now these muppets are downed for a bit.

9. Robert Moore
    Pirate

I will say it again

Marriage is dangerous!

10. Helldesk Dogsbody
    WTF?

WTF?

Considering the RPM on even a light weight propeller and their ability to casually relieve the incautious of their fingers and/or limbs I have to ask what the hell was that bouquet made from?!

11. Bad Beaver
    Black Helicopters

Video or it didn't happen

It's a wedding, I'm sure there is a video. Let's see!

BTW

"narrowly missing a hostel packed with fifty young people." — so what? It's an ultralight. Even in Italy it wouldn't do much more harm than crushing a couple windows at best, would it? Unless "packed" means they were all crammed into the same room...

12. Mathew White
    Joke

he said...

..the tulips have hit the fan this time!!

13. Adam Foxton
    FAIL

How ironic

dropping things out of planes is how the Italians invented aerial bombardment...

14. Andus McCoatover
    Coffee/keyboard

Was this the machine?

NOTE: Keyboard safety alert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KsAPoSuPI

15. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Who mentioned Flora?

Wake up in the morning, marry my fioncee

Then my idiot friend crashes his

ooooh, oooh, Ultralite.

Well, it's a margarine...

16. Graham Marsden
    FAIL

Mode = Rocky Horror

I really loved the skillful way,

You beat the other girls to the bride's bouquet...

... erm...

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is now imperative that...

...a PlayMobil reconstruction is made available ASAP - I'm having trouble visualising some of the finer details such as whether Optimus Prime was the Matron of Honour.

18. Mussie (Ed)

DOH indeed

How more simsons coufl you get

19. _wtf_

I remember that one...

@Stevie... Flight of the Phoenix, right?

20. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

@lee harvey osmond

Your post is a tour de force. I suggest you provide emergency backup should Lewis Page be incapacitated.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

@Andus McCoatover

Very funny. Now then, what is the best way to clean this beverage off of my keyboard cover?

22. Jan 7
    Pint

composition of a brides bouquet.

These things are (usually, ´cept in .it, it seems) wielded by a woman in an extraordinarily high stress condition. You do the math.

anyway, reminds me of a friends wedding where the girls rushed forward and one being stopped by her friend who shouted "YOU TOUCH THAT GODDAMN THING AND I`LL CHOP YOUR HANDS OFF!"

Beer, Czech lager please. Less hazzle than a woman.

23. Paul 28

That explains it!

On BBC World News last night, there was just a ticker saying that a plane crash in Italy had been caused by a bride throwing her bouquet. No mention of a microlight.

24. Michael Dunn
    Thumb Down

@ Robert Moore

And how!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like