back to article Aussie serves up feral cat casserole

An Australian kids' book writer and illustrator has come up with a tasty plan to protect the Lucky Country's indigenous wildlife from the feral cat menace - eat the blighters. Brits brought the first cats to Oz in 1788, the Telegraph notes, and the felines quickly set about going native and laying into the local wildlife. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

YUM!

Thank you for that last sentence *blurrr* So better heat it up well, and be thankful (or "praise the Lord", for Aussies...) for all the extra protein from worms, larvae and what not. *chunder*

Anyway, every Asian "in the know" up to now told me that dog is tasty while cat is sour and unpleasant.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I misread that title first time round.

"Aussie servers up feral cat asshole".

A completely different dish, and even less palatable.

3. Weirdbeard

Well done

Managed to resist the "eat pussy" headline then!

4. Andrew

I'm disapointed in you, El Reg.

Where's the "eating pussy" headlines and jokes :(

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cat recipe

First, take your cat and skin it.

Remember, there is more than one way...

6. Chris Elvidge

Beaver anyone

Tastes similar to pussy I believe.

7. Nick

Most Disappointed...

... at ElReg's slackness to detail - as before, where are the chowing down on a bit of moist pussy jokes?

I hope this features in the next "I'm someone who one appeared on telly for 5seconds, get me out of here" 'bush' tucker trial.

8. John Stag

I can't see it...

If cat was tasty you bet the Asians would be eating them.

They're not, so I'm guessing it isn't.

9. Erlang Lacod

post mortem ?

Mmm, dead wild cat is one thing but dead wild cat carefully sliced open and prepared with formaldehyde is another.

Slice of pussy pie anyone ?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I prefer

apple pie pussy.

11. skeptical i

tastes like chicken?

A friend of mine once said that he'd witnessed the cooking of cat and described it as "looking and smelling like something made by Dunlop*", but if there is a way to solve both the problems of ridding the neighborhood of feral/ stray cats and feeding the homeless, then huzzah! (* Dunlop being a manufacturer of auto tires, among other things.)

12. Alan Donaly

blech!

If you have ever smelled a cat box you know there is nothing good

inside a cat the meat probably vaguely smells and tastes of kitty and yuck this sort of person is just to be humored no one is going to eat the feral cats kill them maybe eat them, noo! I don't believe that there is any possible way to get rid of the cats there are too many they are too smart and unless you kill all the creatures they eat you won't stand a chance.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's not called *casserole*

I heard her interviewed on Radio New Zealand a coupla days ago.

She called her dish *catserole*.

Where's my coat??

14. Tim Bates

But why?

How is it easier to eat them than just shoot them?

15. Andy Crofts

Roadkill?

Hi

Actually, starting my first day - ever in 35 years - of unemployment, I decided to spend some free time writing a few cookery programmes "Cooking with KELA" (Kela being the Finnish unemployment organisation - Dole, if you like.)

Episode 2 was going to be "How to feed a family of 4 on roadkill".

Of course, you don't eat the roadkill - you feed it to your cat.

Then, eat the cat (then follows an argument on how to make rabbit stew, as your cat probably doesn't wanna be scoffed).

OK, for the curious. Episode 3 is planned on poultry. I wanna call it "Choking your chicken"

I've got my coat.

-Andy

This topic is closed for new posts.