back to article Java to offer Carbonite capture to users

Sun customers downloading the latest version of Java will get a free 30-day trial of Carbonite Online Backup. Carbonite reckons this will get it access to millions of Java users. Carbonite Online Backup installs in a few clicks and runs automatically in the background, continually backing up the files on the computer, sending …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Sending files to Beijing in the background

You can already do this for free without any restrictions by installing spyware, right?

2. Crazy Operations Guy
    FAIL

Just another piece of crap to remove...

I already have to spend a few minutes each time I update Java just to get rid of whatever toolbar they are trying to give me (and remove the updater that come with the toolbar) and to go through and disable the auto-update mechanism of Java and why can't Java respect my decision? Each time I update it re-enables the updater. And now I will have to remove a free-trial? I think Sun is _trying_ to make Java the most undesirable piece of software ever, just to spite Oracle (Rightly so, after being forced to use Siebel CRM for a year) but I wish they wouldn't try and screw the consumer while they are at it...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like