back to article Toshiba's TG01 smartphone turns Orange

If you’re desperate to snare yourself Toshiba’s upcoming TG01 then get yourself down to an Orange store, where the network operator will begin dishing out the smartphone from tomorrow. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com The TG01 will be free to customers prepared to sign up to a £39.15 ($63/€45) per …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt "Anonymous"
    Gates Horns

Windows Mobile

Seriously. Why are manufacturers still making phones with Windows Mobile (6.1) on them? Before anyone starts, I'm speaking from experience. I've owned a couple of Windows Mobile phones. I'll never own another. This phone is clearly extremely good hardware-wise. Why besmirch it with a slow, buggy OS?

I could recommend other OSes, but that would just make this more of a flame. I recognise the whole "Office"/whatever applications/exchange thing, but come on, loads of phones do that now.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Matt

Couldn't agree more. The hardware looks great, but it's telling when showing off the browser involves the orangeworld homepage.

To me that suggests that it's browsing is off the pace.

I too have used WM and wouldn't go there again...

3. Adair Silver badge
    FAIL

Agreed

(comment is in the title)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

In case you’ve been living under a rock...

...it's dark under here!

5. Paul Hates Handles

...lame

2 year contracts are lame; I'm still surprised they managed to get away with 18 month contracts - esp. when most of the rubbish phones they have are knackered after 9 months.

6. Matt "Anonymous"

Yay!

Can't believe I didn't get flamed. Quite pleased.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Nice specs

Good looking device. Will probably a lot fun to use for the 17 minutes the diminutive 1000mAh battery whimpers out trying to feed all those radios, CPU and the lovely screen.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like