back to article Stealthy click fraud tool exploits 9ball attack

Miscreants have developed one of most sophisticated click fraud malware applications to date. The Trojan code - dubbed FFsearcher by security firm SecureWorks - plugs into a Google API that allows webmasters to add a Google-powered search widget (called "Google Custom Search") to their website. In normal use, search results …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alfazed
    Grenade

Tough titty

These Google AdSense ads are a bloody nuisance !

They are so laced with malware these days as to pose quite a a threat in themselves, to the unwary. When training newbie folks in how to use the internet (it still happens), I have to point out the dangers of clicking on Google AdSense ads and advise my clients to just ignore them, as it's safer.

Which makes me wonder about the Value For Money that the paying advertisers are getting. And being linked to malware infections isn't going to be good for any company's rep.

ALF

2. ark

Fraud?

since Every click on an ad is user-generated, the user is really showing interest in the ad.

for the advertiser it is not a fraud.

It is just only that google share on the revenue of the ad is lower than before.

Therefore I am sure that google will fix the api so that such a stealthy revenue diverter is not possible anymore.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

share?

PoC or it didn't happen!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like