back to article Demand for IT staff jumps, claims employment agency

Recruitment agency CV Screen is seeing a big improvement in job prospects for IT staff. It reckons there's been a 25 per cent increase in demand in a month for staff and a 27 per cent drop in the number of applicants for each post. CV Screen interprets this as evidence that IT professionals are getting new jobs more quickly. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Austin
    Grenade

And also a good way...

of getting candidates and advertisers to contact YOUR recruitment firm as you are getting such great results...

I hope it's all true by the way. Would be good news for us all.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Ad?

Or maybe they just need free advertising to pull some more CVs to the site. It's not like it never happened with similar sites.

It's a common practice to send 50 not matching CVs to employers. Just so it looks like there's a big demand. Also often contracts say that agency needs to send specific number of CVs. I've seen it over and over again, although I stopped looking for a job a while ago. Agents calling and asking for skills that are not even mentioned on CV. Then when asked about it, saying "Don't worry mate, it will be fine, we know what they want!". BS. Truth is that less people are actually looking to change the jobs (nobody wants to risk) so CV pool shrunk quite considerably. There are mostly same people all over the place as their skills don't guarantee employment.

3. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    FAIL

Yes, but...

The real KPI is how many people they are actually placing, and if my experience of CV Screen is anything to go by I'd presume it's not many as they don't seem know the difference between a SAP Programme manager and a C++ coder.

You just have to laugh at these pimps don't you.

4. Lionel Baden

kinda obvoius this was going to happen

they sack all the IT staff

Sit back enjoy money saved

Shit why doesnt my computer work ???

Why cant we just have a button that does it

5. Francis Fish
    WTF?

Pay cuts! Lucky sods!

You haven't spent 12 weeks on no pay waiting for venture capital that never arrived, having left 95% of a system you developed for nout behind where old boss might still make something with it.

Pay cuts, lucky lucky.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More work at lower pay

.. and i do PHP... but they still want to pay less than a cleaner at TFL gets.

When questioned the usual response is that it is the "market rate"....

BS!!!

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

no but really...

Didn't the internet replace the need for these middlemen? They are about as much use as estate agents and equally skilled as bullshit artists.

I prefer to deal direct with companies that want to hire me. That way the company also gets to keep the finders fee which they are normally more than happy to remember when it comes to haggling salaries. Only HR departments full of lazy fat slags use recruitment agencies anyway.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Market Rate

jeremy 3, if the market rate is higher than what they pay you, then surely you should be able to go and work elsewhere? If you find you can't, perhaps that's then indicative of them paying market rate?

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Who the f are CV Screen

New agency set up and now so desperate for CVs they are using the Register to fool people into send them

What happened when they set up the company, didn't some fraud nick the database from his last company like every other new agency

10. GeorgeTuk
    FAIL

@ our friend the Anonymous Coward

Wow aren't you the lucky one, you only have to deal direct to find that great job. Some of us were tettering on the edge of redundancy and the jobs market is not so comfortable.

My girlfriend works in recruitment and acutally they find the agency model works pretty well (she is not fat and neither is she a slag but thanks for the generalisation). They get to recruit with their name and somebody else does all the paperwork, and legal mumbo jumbo.

And anyway when I got my current role I got this one offered and another through an agency so both ways work, so lets not say that whatever you say is right eh?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

RE no but really...

"Only HR departments full of lazy slags use recruitment agencies anyway" sounds like the perfect place to work!

12. Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face

maybe it's just me

With over ten years in the business I've not been able to find anything permanent since redundancy in December last year. Fortunately, I do have a temporary (casual) position at the moment. There's usually one or two possible jobs that pop up online every day, but from talking to the recruitment people it seems they're deluged with applications and unless you phone and hassle them your application ends up in the recycling bin with no response.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well...

From personal experience, the big companies are still laying people off, but the small companies are growing from the ashes.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

GISSAJOB :)

go on you know you want to....

but with a million dodgy migrants running about the UK with fake MCSE's its gonna be hard to weed out the trash.....

beer... cos u need a break from all those hectik meetings with future clients....

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is amazing the number of employment

agents and agencies required is also on the rise, it is the top job to be in the UK.

Tends to be in the field of health care, dentistry, estate agents, road sweepers, forestry, teaching, traditional entertainment, finance and manufacturing.

Haven't seen anything happen on the IT scene apart from a nose dive right down though.

16. Andy Bright

There is demand..

Just not in our country. Did anyone check to see if these guys are from India? I hear there's a massive demand for IT workers there, no idea why that would be though.

17. J Day
    Stop

Why?

So why haven't they found me a job yet then?

18. Bernie 2
    Pint

Re: Francis Fish

You worked 3 months for free?

lol you've been had mate.

19. pratim.sc
    Paris Hilton

IT jobs are there...

Well, my friend Andy... yes companies are recruiting in India. Fire IT persons with higher salary... Recruit persons with lower salary.

I am one of the Victim. I am highly skilled. I have been asked to train a cheap resource so that he can maintain BAU (Business As Usual). He is supposed to be my back up. But I know, in 1 month I am going to have a meeting with my manager and he is going to declare me my job loss.

The reason - Recession.....

Its same everywhere.... Business men does not recognize nation and border .... they only recognize MONEY.

This topic is closed for new posts.